Group based in Lowestoft sheds the pounds
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A weight loss group in Lowestoft has collectively shed 111lbs in weight.
The group of 13 people have been on a new weight management course run by Live Well Suffolk.
And at the group's final session, the achievement was marked as they cooked a healthy meal and embarked one some circuit exercises at Waterlane Leisure Centre in Lowestoft.
The programme – which is completely free – aims to help participants lose five per cent of their body weight and thus reduce the risk of heart disease, strokes and type 2 diabetes while shaping up for summer.
Live Well Suffolk's senior adult weight management practitioner, Hannah Clarke, led the course and said: 'Working with individuals to focus on behaviour changes, dietary changes and physical activity in order to achieve long-term weight loss is the key.
You may also want to watch:
'I'm very proud at what the group has achieved.'
And with the success of the course, Live Well Suffolk is now running three other courses in Lowestoft and one in Bungay.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction
Ms Clarke said: 'Spaces are still available on the courses which are available to both men and women who have a body mass index of over 30 or above, or 28 for those with a pre-existing health condition.'
Among those celebrating was Gillian Wisby, who lost 15lb through the Lose Weight with Live Well Suffolk class in Lowestoft.
She said: 'Losing weight as part of a group has worked really well for me as we all give each other encouragement and support. It's really made a difference and I feel so much better for it. I'm now determined to maintain my new health regime and lose more weight.'
The Lose Weight with Live Well Suffolk course is very practical and engaging, and each weekly session is made up of 60 minutes of nutritional education and 30 minutes of exercise. During the activity section participants will have the opportunity to take part in a circuits class or use the gym or swimming pool facilities. Once the programme has ended, participants have all the knowledge and tools they need to continue with or sustain their weight loss.
? For more information or to reserve your space on one of the upcoming programme, contact Hannah Clarke from Live Well Suffolk on 01473 229294 or visit www.livewellsuffolk.org.uk
Are you celebrating an achievement? Tell The Journal by calling 01502 525820 or email firstname.lastname@example.org