Group fights for its survival
A CHARITABLE group that has helped scores of people in North Suffolk to find romance and friendship is fighting for its survival.For the past two years, the Lowestoft National Council for Divorced/Separated and Widowed (NCDS) group has had to overcome crippling car parking charges and a drop in membership due to bridge closures.
A CHARITABLE group that has helped scores of people in North Suffolk to find romance and friendship is fighting for its survival.
For the past two years, the Lowestoft National Council for Divorced/Separated and Widowed (NCDS) group has had to overcome crippling car parking charges and a drop in membership due to bridge closures.
But now, with the threat of closure looming once more, the group's chairman has called on locals to show their support.
'We need to get across to our existing members and also those who have not as yet renewed their memberships, that if they don't support the club on a regular basis they will lose it!' chairman Faith Edwards said. 'We are desperate not to stop our club from folding.'
You may also want to watch:
During the past five months the group, which meets every Tuesday at Bluenotes II on Claremont Pier, has been based in the Edge Bar at the Pier following a total refurbishment of Bluenotes.
But with the refurbishment to be completed by Saturday, July 3, the Lowestoft NCDS group is set to hold a special buffet and disco next month.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 7 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 8 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
'To encourage old members and new people to continue to support the Lowestoft NCDS we are holding a buffet and disco, at Bluenotes II, on Tuesday, July 6 from 8pm to midnight,' Mrs Edwards said.
'We welcome all divorced, separated, widowed and mature people who have never been married and we are a friendly club. We are sure there are people out there who need to make new friends and improve their social lives - and we don't just meet on a Tuesday as we also hold other organised events during the course of the year.'
The special buffet and disco next month costs �3.50 for members and �5 for guests. The normal club meets every Tuesday and will continue at the normal price of �2.50 for members and �3 for guests.
For more details about the club telephone Faith on 01502 587226.