New Heritage Calendar - The beauties of Gunton Wood during the summer months and a stunning interior of St Margaret's church are among images produced over the last year by Gunton photographer Sue Green for the new 2010 Lowestoft Heritage Workshop Centre calendar.
New Heritage Calendar - The beauties of Gunton Wood during the summer months and a stunning interior of St Margaret's church are among images produced over the last year by Gunton photographer Sue Green for the new 2010 Lowestoft Heritage Workshop Centre calendar. Using a mix of conventional and digital colour photographs, and with page designs by Heritage Centre volunteer Leslie Parfin, the calendar covers the visual delights, not only of Gunton, but also the Belle Vue Park, Somerleyton village, the South Beach, Sparrow's Nest, as well as the glories of sailing of the Broads, among others. Although each of the thirteen images are full of colour, it is Sue's technical achievement with her photograph of the interior of St Margaret's which shows a masterly and highly talented approach and knowledge of her subject. The calendar is available from the Heritage One-stop Shop in t he High Street at �5.50. For more information, contact the One-stop Shop Tuesdays to Fridays, or ring 01502 581601.
Forthcoming Craft Fair - A few stalls are still available at the forthcoming Craft Fair to be held at the Gunton Estate Community Hall, Hollingsworth Road, on Saturday 24 October. The event will be held between 10 am and 4 pm and will also include refreshments and tombola. Admission will be free. Stalls cost �5, and to enable a variety of crafts on offer, there is at present space for two more card stalls. For more information, contact 01502 564601.
Residents Association Meeting - Gunton Estate Tenants and Residents Association's next community meeting is this coming Tuesday (6 October) at 7.30 pm at the estate's Community Hall, opposite the shops in Hollingsworth Road. The agenda will include housing as well as general matters on the estate, Gunton Community Park updates including the park's Woodland and Heritage project, and updates on the Wissett Way Pond project. All being well, local councillors and community police will also be on hand. Gunton Estate Tenants and Residents Association meetings are open to all residents of the estate and its periphery; contact the association chair on 01502 564601 for more information.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 2 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 3 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 4 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 5 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 6 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 7 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 8 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 9 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 10 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft