Wonderful rural landscape shot wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This breathtaking landscape photograph showing the silhouettes of trees and houses in Halesworth against the setting sun was taken by Gary Leech.
The 26-year-old, who is from the town, used his Nikon D3300 to capture the beautiful moment.
He said: 'I just put my camera down to get my tripod out and did not realise this is what I got.
'I am happy that I won because I have not been doing it that long.'
Mr Leech said his favourite aspect of the photograph was its accidental inception and was therefore a nice surprise to find later.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'I like it as I did not realise I had taken it.'
As our winner, Mr Leech receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 6 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 9 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 10 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org