Wonderful rural landscape shot wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This breathtaking landscape photograph showing the silhouettes of trees and houses in Halesworth against the setting sun was taken by Gary Leech.
The 26-year-old, who is from the town, used his Nikon D3300 to capture the beautiful moment.
He said: 'I just put my camera down to get my tripod out and did not realise this is what I got.
'I am happy that I won because I have not been doing it that long.'
Mr Leech said his favourite aspect of the photograph was its accidental inception and was therefore a nice surprise to find later.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'I like it as I did not realise I had taken it.'
As our winner, Mr Leech receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
- 1 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 2 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 3 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 4 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 5 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 6 Fire crews called to fisheries laboratory in Lowestoft
- 7 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 8 Flood-hit school hails 'amazing' community response
- 9 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 10 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com