Halloween passes safely for Suffolk police
Hayley MacePolice in Suffolk had a busy, but safe, Halloween.Saturday nights are always busy for the force with large numbers of people out in the town centres across the county.Hayley Mace
Police in Suffolk had a busy, but safe, Halloween.
Saturday nights are always busy for the force with large numbers of people out in the town centres across the county.
Between 6am on Saturday and 6am Sunday, 564 events were created by Suffolk Constabulary to respond to calls.
During the same period last year, 733 events were created. It is usual to expect event volumes to be in the 400s or 500s on Friday and Saturday evenings.
You may also want to watch:
Insp Mark Larner said: 'Overall, whilst it was still a busy night, it seems the majority of people heeded our advice to enjoy themselves, respect others and stay safe on Halloween.
From 9 am on Saturday until 6am on Sunday, 51 events were directly attributable to Halloween, compared to 55 events last year. Again, this year the problems were mainly egg-throwing, rowdy groups of youths and fireworks being thrown.
- 1 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 2 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 3 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 4 'A true icon': England legend unveils sports hall at former school
- 5 Thieves steal Range Rover from street in Lowestoft
- 6 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 7 Person taken to hospital after being rescued from boat
- 8 'Little soldier' Drew fighting extremely rare muscle condition
- 9 Refurbished seafront toilet block set on fire in vandalism spree
- 10 'Don't ask, don't get' - Town council says no to Lowestoft city status bid
'Extra officers were on patrol and were supported by Safer Neighbourhood Team officers, providing resilience to respond to the extra events.
'They were able to provide additional reassurance to the public on a night out in town centres as well as to communities as children and young people went trick or treating.
'There were no significant Halloween-related incidents and no Halloween-related arrests.'