Harbour will create extra traffic
I TOOK a trip to Great Yarmouth to see the progression made on the development of the outer harbour and was amazed at what I saw.My mind then turned to the vast amount of additional traffic that this enterprise would produce.
I TOOK a trip to Great Yarmouth to see the progression made on the development of the outer harbour and was amazed at what I saw.
My mind then turned to the vast amount of additional traffic that this enterprise would produce.
A ferry to and from the continent, which, I think has been proposed, would unleash untold volumes of traffic onto local roads and, I assume, our own already congested road system.
A passenger ferry would produce large numbers of holidaymakers with their accompanying cars wanting, I am sure, to visit our neck of the woods and a cargo ferry would spill untold numbers of articulated container vehicles onto our highways and byways.
You may also want to watch:
Where on earth is all this traffic going?
Traffic destined for the north or west of the country would have to use the A47 (Acle straight) and traffic going south would have to negotiate, guess where, that's right, Oulton Broad or our notorious bascule bridge.
- 1 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 2 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 3 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 4 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 5 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man
- 6 Fire crews called to fisheries laboratory in Lowestoft
- 7 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency in Southwold
- 9 Teenager arrested following alleged assault in Lowestoft
- 10 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
The outer harbour is well underway and in my opinion the Lowestoft ring road, or bypass should also be underway.