Harbour will create extra traffic
I TOOK a trip to Great Yarmouth to see the progression made on the development of the outer harbour and was amazed at what I saw.My mind then turned to the vast amount of additional traffic that this enterprise would produce.
I TOOK a trip to Great Yarmouth to see the progression made on the development of the outer harbour and was amazed at what I saw.
My mind then turned to the vast amount of additional traffic that this enterprise would produce.
A ferry to and from the continent, which, I think has been proposed, would unleash untold volumes of traffic onto local roads and, I assume, our own already congested road system.
A passenger ferry would produce large numbers of holidaymakers with their accompanying cars wanting, I am sure, to visit our neck of the woods and a cargo ferry would spill untold numbers of articulated container vehicles onto our highways and byways.
You may also want to watch:
Where on earth is all this traffic going?
Traffic destined for the north or west of the country would have to use the A47 (Acle straight) and traffic going south would have to negotiate, guess where, that's right, Oulton Broad or our notorious bascule bridge.
- 1 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 2 Man dies following collision on A12
- 3 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 4 Fire damages children's play area in Lowestoft
- 5 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 6 Tools stolen from work van during night time break-in
- 7 Fishing business will stay in the family as Alex, 16, set to join
- 8 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 9 Schoolgirl, 13, makes step up racing ladder ahead of championship
- 10 Heroin addict who burgled neighbour's home four times is jailed
The outer harbour is well underway and in my opinion the Lowestoft ring road, or bypass should also be underway.