Harbour will create extra traffic
I TOOK a trip to Great Yarmouth to see the progression made on the development of the outer harbour and was amazed at what I saw.My mind then turned to the vast amount of additional traffic that this enterprise would produce.
I TOOK a trip to Great Yarmouth to see the progression made on the development of the outer harbour and was amazed at what I saw.
My mind then turned to the vast amount of additional traffic that this enterprise would produce.
A ferry to and from the continent, which, I think has been proposed, would unleash untold volumes of traffic onto local roads and, I assume, our own already congested road system.
A passenger ferry would produce large numbers of holidaymakers with their accompanying cars wanting, I am sure, to visit our neck of the woods and a cargo ferry would spill untold numbers of articulated container vehicles onto our highways and byways.
Where on earth is all this traffic going?
Traffic destined for the north or west of the country would have to use the A47 (Acle straight) and traffic going south would have to negotiate, guess where, that's right, Oulton Broad or our notorious bascule bridge.
- 1 Three people arrested in Lowestoft as part of burglary crackdown
- 2 Man appears in court for Lowestoft arson offences
- 3 Region's rebel MP: 'Im not grumpy' just acting in my peoples' best interests
- 4 Teenager arrested on suspicion of arson after Lowestoft fire
- 5 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 6 'I was just really drunk' - man squared up to police after pub call-out
- 7 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge
- 8 Lowestoft lighting the way in region's fight against food waste
- 9 Part of A47 closed in Lowestoft due to incident
- 10 Police release CCTV after Honda stolen from car park
The outer harbour is well underway and in my opinion the Lowestoft ring road, or bypass should also be underway.