Harpist hosts special performance to celebrate 50-year musical journey
- Credit: Archant
A well-known Lowestoft harpist will be hosting a special church performance to celebrate 50 years since first learning to play an instrument.
Stewart Green will be joined by local flautist Carol Skinner for the East Anglian debut of 'Sonata for Harp' at The Parish Church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul, on Church Street, in Wangford.
Admission to the event, held at 7.30pm on Saturday, March 17, is free but there will be a variety of local charities in attendance welcoming donations.
Mr Green began writing music in his early teens - taking up both the viola and oboe.
However, while studying at university he was able to fulfil his lifelong dream and learnt to play the harp.
You may also want to watch:
Over the years Mr Green has seen his arrangements and compositions being performed at national venues and being broadcast by the BBC on Radios 2 & 3.
He was also a founding member of the Waveney Sinfonia.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 4 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 5 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 8 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings