Harpist hosts special performance to celebrate 50-year musical journey
- Credit: Archant
A well-known Lowestoft harpist will be hosting a special church performance to celebrate 50 years since first learning to play an instrument.
Stewart Green will be joined by local flautist Carol Skinner for the East Anglian debut of 'Sonata for Harp' at The Parish Church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul, on Church Street, in Wangford.
Admission to the event, held at 7.30pm on Saturday, March 17, is free but there will be a variety of local charities in attendance welcoming donations.
Mr Green began writing music in his early teens - taking up both the viola and oboe.
However, while studying at university he was able to fulfil his lifelong dream and learnt to play the harp.
You may also want to watch:
Over the years Mr Green has seen his arrangements and compositions being performed at national venues and being broadcast by the BBC on Radios 2 & 3.
He was also a founding member of the Waveney Sinfonia.
- 1 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 2 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 3 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 4 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 5 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 6 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 7 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 8 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
- 9 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 10 Almost 1,000 complaints over noisy neighbours in lockdown