Harrod Horticultural unveil final design for Chelsea Flower Show
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The Chelsea Flower Show is an annual celebration of all things beautiful, creative, and innovative in the horticultural world.
And once more this year there will be a touch of Lowestoft and Suffolk's flora in the popular event which will take place between Tuesday, May 22 and Saturday, May 26 in the grounds of the Royal Hospital Chelsea in Chelsea, London.
As ever, fans of flowers, shrubs, and landscapes will be able to marvel at all the joys which come with the show, alongside the display from Lowestoft-based Harrod Horticultural.
The company, based on the South Lowestoft industrial estate, will debut its brand new and contemporary modern pergola system at this year's show.
The display will also include laser cut aluminium decorative screens, metal arches, and metal raised beds.
You may also want to watch:
Some of the flowers on show include the Astrantia 'Claret', Geranium Johnson's Blue, and Geum 'Totally Tangerine'.
A drawing, which depicts the final design from Harrod Horticultural for the show, includes 19 separate structural elements which will give the flowers and plants the chance to fully shine at the show.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 8 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
A spokesman for Harrod Horticultural said: 'It is with great excitement that our exhibit at this year's Chelsea Flower Show is exclusively launching new contemporary product designs which adds a new design dimension to the range.
'Along the back and sides of the exhibit is the exclusive show launch of the Harrod Modern Pergola system, innovative in both look and design to offer a natural extension to the home.'
They added: 'Sat within the pergola system are various examples from the newly launched Harrod Metal Planter range – all different sizes and powder coated finishes including anthracite grey, heritage green and corten effect.
'Equally contemporary, smart and beautifully engineered, the chosen planting scheme shows just how they are able to give outdoor space an instant update.'
The Chelsea Flower Show will be open from 8am to 8pm Tuesday through Friday, and open from 8am to 5.30pm on Saturday, May 26.
The show has been held at Chelsea since 1912 and is the most famous flower and landscape garden show in the United Kingdom.