Has Lowestoft heard of merging?
I HAVE been following the unfolding saga of the congestion to the approach to the bascule bridge, in Lowestoft.It not only makes me angry, but rather disappointed at the attitude taken by the police.
I HAVE been following the unfolding saga of the congestion to the approach to the bascule bridge, in Lowestoft.
It not only makes me angry, but rather disappointed at the attitude taken by the police.
Have any of these people ever tried to use the second lane and then tried to merge as one approaches the junction with London Road South?
I have and I must say it has never been a pleasant experience - I am usually blocked, that is if I am lucky, but mostly I get abuse hurled at me when I try to merge. So may I respectfully tell these so called public servants to understand the dilemma some drivers put those of us who know how to drive. Why are the police not there prosecuting those who block people from merging?
You may also want to watch:
As usual the council and police seem to live in cloud cuckoo land. Put the sign up and then see what happens. Let us say that many drivers in Lowestoft don't have any idea of the modern Highway Code and have probably never heard of merging. So let us have less we will prosecute and more of let us see how we can solve the root cause of the problem - which is proper signs. Why do we have to wait four months for some signs? Who is holding this up? Who is now blaming who?
As a side effect of the stupid way the whole relief road and approach to the bridge has been managed many of us in south Lowestoft now hardly go into Lowestoft town - just not worth the hassle - it is now less stressful to go to Norwich or even Ipswich as compared to going into Lowestoft.
- 1 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 2 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 3 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 4 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 5 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 6 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 7 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 8 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 9 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 10 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
Kirkley Cliff Road