Has Lowestoft heard of merging?
I HAVE been following the unfolding saga of the congestion to the approach to the bascule bridge, in Lowestoft.It not only makes me angry, but rather disappointed at the attitude taken by the police.
I HAVE been following the unfolding saga of the congestion to the approach to the bascule bridge, in Lowestoft.
It not only makes me angry, but rather disappointed at the attitude taken by the police.
Have any of these people ever tried to use the second lane and then tried to merge as one approaches the junction with London Road South?
I have and I must say it has never been a pleasant experience - I am usually blocked, that is if I am lucky, but mostly I get abuse hurled at me when I try to merge. So may I respectfully tell these so called public servants to understand the dilemma some drivers put those of us who know how to drive. Why are the police not there prosecuting those who block people from merging?
You may also want to watch:
As usual the council and police seem to live in cloud cuckoo land. Put the sign up and then see what happens. Let us say that many drivers in Lowestoft don't have any idea of the modern Highway Code and have probably never heard of merging. So let us have less we will prosecute and more of let us see how we can solve the root cause of the problem - which is proper signs. Why do we have to wait four months for some signs? Who is holding this up? Who is now blaming who?
As a side effect of the stupid way the whole relief road and approach to the bridge has been managed many of us in south Lowestoft now hardly go into Lowestoft town - just not worth the hassle - it is now less stressful to go to Norwich or even Ipswich as compared to going into Lowestoft.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 7 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 9 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
Kirkley Cliff Road