Hawaiian-themed event gets care home residents into the summer spirit
- Credit: Archant
Staff and residents alike got into the hula spirit as a care home held a special Hawaiian-themed event.
With the weather in Lowestoft resembling that of the tropical US state, the Dell care home and the adjoining Wellbeing Day Centre were decorated to look like a Hawaiian paradise.
Residents sipped on refreshing fruit cocktails and planted herbs which will be used in the cooking at the home, while a singer and accordion player provided entertainment.
Dancing went long into the afternoon as everyone enjoyed soaking up the summer sunshine.
The event was held as part of the care home and day centre's ongoing efforts to increase social interaction and improve self-esteem, as well as stimulate memories among residents.
You may also want to watch:
The Wellbeing Day Centre, which supports adults aged 65 and over, is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm. It is designed to offer vital respite to families and carers, providing a break from care responsibilities.
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 5 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 6 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 7 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 8 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 9 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 10 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park