Coronavirus testing bus to visit Lowestoft
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A coronavirus testing bus is visiting Lowestoft today.
Public Health Suffolk will be visiting the coastal town from 10am until 4pm, parked on Royal Thoroughfare.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Count Council said: "The single decker bus will be parked up just past the South Pier Family Amusements Centre.
"The team will be engaging with people, offering support, information and handing out home kits."
In the seven days to June 3, cases around East Suffolk rose by two to 15 from the week prior.
According to data published by NHS England and NHS Improvement, 78.5pc of people aged over 16 in Norfolk and Waveney have received their first dose, compared to 76.8pc of adults in England.
This puts the Norfolk and Waveney area second out of the 42 health and care systems in England, only behind Somerset.
- 1 Wanted woman arrested in Lowestoft
- 2 Motorists stopped for speeding during enforcement checks
- 3 Where jubilee parties are taking place in Waveney
- 4 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 5 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 6 Man likely to be jailed and deported after Suffolk cannabis farm find
- 7 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
- 8 Hunt continues after man chased and verbally assaulted in park
- 9 Drone video reveals best look at Gull Wing bridge project
- 10 Queen's Jubilee celebration events aplenty to enjoy in Waveney
More than a million doses of vaccine have been given in Norfolk and Waveney.