Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The number of coronavirus cases in East Suffolk increased again, official figures show.
A total of 15,588 people had been confirmed as testing positive for Covid-19 in East Suffolk when the latest figures were revealed on Wednesday, up by 96 from 15,492 on Tuesday.
The rate of infection in East Suffolk now stands at 6,226 cases per 100,000 people, far lower than the England average of 11,362.
The figures also show 529 people had died in the area by Wednesday – up from 523 in the space of a week.
The figures include anyone who died within 28 days of a positive test result for Covid-19, and whose usual residence was in East Suffolk.
They were among 13,979 deaths recorded across the East of England.
Daily death counts are revised each day, with each case backdated to the actual date of death.
- 1 Coastal wreckage scuba diving club searching for new members
- 2 'Don't suffer in silence': Support on offer as UK heads for inflation spike
- 3 Woman shot by pellet gun when leaving Lowestoft shop
- 4 Lowestoft man battling back after prostate cancer diagnosis
- 5 Seven places to get a fry-up in Lowestoft
- 6 Can you spot yourself in these Lowestoft school photos through the years?
- 7 Mum 'ecstatic' as SEND placement finally found for son with complex needs
- 8 East Anglia’s ports tap into fast-growing domestic cruise market
- 9 Have you got any memories of the James Paget hospital when it opened?
- 10 Coastal town residents urged to vote on future regeneration plan
Across the UK, the number of recorded cases increased by 33,560 over the period, to 7,530,103.