Surgeons saddle up to help NHS 'superheroes'
- Credit: JPUH
A trio of surgeons at a Norfolk hospital will be swapping scalpels for puncture repair kits when they take to the road with thousands of others for a charity bike ride.
Consultant surgeons Christopher Liao and Vamsi Velchuru, and urologist Lokesh Suraparaju are limbering up for the 85k London to Brighton challenge on Sunday, September 19.
They aim to raise £2,500 for the James Paget Hospital Charity which fundraises for equipment not covered by the NHS and for items that will benefit patients and staff.
The route starting at Clapham Common builds to the daunting, gear-grinding, climb at Ditchling Beacon on the way into Brighton.
All three hailed the hard work of staff during the difficult last year.
You may also want to watch:
But for Mr Velchuru inspiration came from his experience of being both a patient and a member of staff following a diagnosis of lymphoma.
He hailed the "world class" treatment he had received, adding: "Please donate generously for our local superheroes here at the Paget."
Donate at the James Paget Hospital Charity fundraising page.
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 6 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 9 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 10 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft