James Paget treating 20 patients with coronavirus
- Credit: James Paget University Hospitals
Some 20 patients with coronavirus were being looked after by the James Paget University Hospital as of Tuesday, October 5, figures show.
NHS England data shows the number of people being treated at the Gorleston hospital for Covid-19 by 8am on September 28 was down from 22 on the same day the previous week.
The number of beds at JPUH NHS Foundation Trust occupied by people who tested positive for Covid-19 remained unchanged compared to four weeks ago.
Across England there were 5,126 people in hospital with Covid as of September 28, with 681 of them in mechanical ventilation beds.
The number of Covid-19 patients hospitalised nationally has decreased by 19pc in the last four weeks, while the number on mechanical ventilators has decreased by 23pc.
You may also want to watch:
The figures also show that 16 new Covid patients were admitted to hospital in JPUH NHS Foundation Trust in the week to September 26.
This was up from 11 in the previous seven days.
- 1 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 2 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 3 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 4 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 7 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 8 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street