One in five in parts of Lowestoft remain unvaccinated, figures show
- Credit: PA
One in five people in parts of Lowestoft are yet to have any Covid vaccine, latest figures show.
In Lowestoft Central, just 75.3pc of eligible people have had their first jab, rising to 79.1pc in the harbour and Kirkley ward, according to the NHS England data.
This falls to 68.6pc and 72.7pc respectively for second jabs, while just over half have had their booster, with 51.3pc and 56.4pc respectively.
The figures also show the surrounding areas have some of the lowest vaccine uptake rates in East Suffolk.
The Gunton West ward has seen just 84.6pc of people have their first jab, with 87.7pc in Normanston and Oulton Broad East, and 88pc in Pakefield North.
Oulton Broad West, meanwhile, has the highest uptake in Waveney, with 92.6pc jabbed at least once, and 78.5pc boosted.
Across the East Suffolk district, 89.4pc of eligible people have had their first Covid vaccine, while 84.5pc have had their second.
- 1 Teen warned jail sentence 'almost inevitable' for cocaine dealing
- 2 Chance of a bargain as home goes under the hammer for £60,000
- 3 Two men in 20s arrested after serious Lowestoft assault
- 4 Artist's impression gives glimpse of how £14.7m Cultural Quarter could look
- 5 Man denies robbing alleged victim of mobile phone
- 6 New Taco Bell restaurant 'will make a real difference to vibrancy' of town
- 7 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 8 Lowestoft woman wanted by police on recall to prison
- 9 Retail park nuisance drivers cause misery with 'revving and noisy exhausts'
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
But despite the rise of Omicron last month, with the booster roll-out opened to all eligible adults, only 74.9pc have taken up the opportunity to have a third jab.