New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A new vaccination centre is set to open in north Lowestoft next month to cope with demand across the Waveney area.
Currently in Lowestoft, Kirkley Mill is the only vaccination centre, with Sole Bay medical practice in Southwold and the James Paget Hospital being the next nearest centres.
The current number of vaccination centres across the area is presenting accessibility difficulties for people living across the south Waveney area.
Conservative MP for Waveney, Peter Aldous, said he plans to work with the NHS to alleviate these problems and confirmed the opening of a new centre in north Lowestoft next month.
Mr Aldous said: "Next month a further centre will open in north Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
"There is a concern that some people in the rural south Waveney area, particularly the elderly, could have difficulty in getting to a centre and it is good news that this is being considered.
"Moving forward I’ll be monitoring closely feedback from constituents and I will work with the NHS to address any concerns.”
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 7 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 8 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 9 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 10 Stranded fishing vessel towed to safety by lifeboats