New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A new vaccination centre is set to open in north Lowestoft next month to cope with demand across the Waveney area.
Currently in Lowestoft, Kirkley Mill is the only vaccination centre, with Sole Bay medical practice in Southwold and the James Paget Hospital being the next nearest centres.
The current number of vaccination centres across the area is presenting accessibility difficulties for people living across the south Waveney area.
Conservative MP for Waveney, Peter Aldous, said he plans to work with the NHS to alleviate these problems and confirmed the opening of a new centre in north Lowestoft next month.
Mr Aldous said: "Next month a further centre will open in north Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
"There is a concern that some people in the rural south Waveney area, particularly the elderly, could have difficulty in getting to a centre and it is good news that this is being considered.
"Moving forward I’ll be monitoring closely feedback from constituents and I will work with the NHS to address any concerns.”
- 1 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 2 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 3 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 4 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 5 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 6 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 7 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
- 8 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 9 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 10 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction