Last chance to give social care services and individuals the recognition they deserve
- Credit: Paul Macro
Are you running or working in a care service? Do you receive care and support, or does a family member receiving care and support? Nominating a service or a care worker into the Norfolk Care Awards 2022 allows you to say thank you and acknowledge the excellent care services here in Norfolk.
From collaborative care to motivational leadership, the nine categories at the Norfolk Care Awards 2022 present an opportunity to recognise the very best of the local care sector.
After a challenging couple of years, it’s so important to celebrate the amazing work of both individuals and organisations that care for our loved ones.
Nominations close in under two weeks, on Friday, July 29, and the organisers are encouraging anyone who has been impressed by the services or care they’ve witnessed or experienced to make a nomination so that it can be recognised.
It could be that you work in the care sector and want to nominate a colleague or the organisation you work for. You could run a care service and want to recognise your staff. Perhaps you have received outstanding care and want to show your appreciation. Or maybe you’ve seen the care given to a loved one and want to say thank you.
If you’re one of these people, or many more who are passionate about giving the social care sector the recognition it deserves, then now is the time to get your nominations in.
“This really is the time to shout about the amazing Norfolk care sector,” said joint awards director Claire Gilbert. “Those who work in the sector know how incredibly hard everyone works, they see it every day. We also want to encourage people who have received care or have overseen a loved one’s care to make nominations.”
- 1 Man throws brick through living room window in Lowestoft
- 2 Hundreds bask in sun for return of 'wonderful' event
- 3 Have your say on redevelopment of station building vacant for 50 years
- 4 Enjoy the wonders of hidden exotic garden at summer open days
- 5 'Time for some you time': Unwind at brand new wellbeing retreat
- 6 Thieves break into garden and steal hot tub
- 7 Police hunt wanted man from Lowestoft
- 8 Alleged fly-tipper smashed through hedge after being locked inside property grounds
- 9 Roads 'likely' to flood as thunderstorms hit Suffolk
- 10 Over 120 free events planned for return of country's biggest heritage event
If you’ve never submitted a nomination for an award before and are unsure what’s required, here are some tips for nominations:
- Make sure you answer each question thoroughly. Remember, the judges won’t necessarily know about the service or individual you’re nominating, so it is important to describe what they have done to improve quality and the difference it has made to those receiving the service.
- If you’re nominating an individual for an award, explain why are they making a difference and what have been the benefits to colleagues or people using the service.
- If you are nominating an innovation, it is important to describe the new ground it is breaking.
“We are really excited to hear what individuals and organisations are doing around the county,” said fellow awards director Tracy Wharvell. “It’s always fantastic to learn about the innovative ways the sector is implementing to create the best possible care, so do make sure you get your submissions in by July 29.”
The Norfolk Care Awards 2022 celebration event will take place on Thursday, November 3 at The Holiday Inn Norwich Airport, and will be hosted by Britain’s Got Talent winner Jon Courteneay.
To make a nomination, visit www.norfolkcareawards.co.uk
Norfolk Care Award categories
- Delivering Excellence Through Learning and Development
- End of Life Care
- Rising Star
- Collaboration in Care
- Ensuring Dignified and Respectful Care
- Nursing in Social Care
- Local Care Hero – Norfolk
- TEAM Awards – Together Everyone Achieves More
- Motivational Leadership
Visit the website for full criteria.