New rapid covid testing site opens in Suffolk town
- Credit: Suffolk County Council
A new rapid covid testing site has opened to encourage residents in Bungay about the ease of getting tested locally.
It is at Bungay Honeypot Community Centre and is now part of 28 other testing sites that are located across Suffolk.
These include nearby sites at Beccles, Halesworth and Lowestoft.
Mayor of Bungay Bob Prior and Judy Cloke, councillor for Bungay and Wainford, tried out a lateral flow test and both tested negative.
Mrs Cloke said: "People can book themselves in by mobile phone, but the staff took us through the process of registering, which was very easy and straightforward.
You may also want to watch:
"I would encourage everyone to be tested - there is no cost involved, you do not have to book and you do not have to have a mobile phone, because the friendly and efficient staff are there to help you."
The Bungay test centre is open 7-11am Mondays, Tuesdays Wednesdays and Fridays and 3-7pm on Thursdays.
- 1 'Can’t burst our bubble' - Primary school marks 'incredible' success
- 2 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 5 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 6 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 7 Campers arrive 'back in paradise' at sold-out Latitude Festival
- 8 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in
- 9 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 10 Joy as CityFibre backs Lowestoft landmark with sponsorship deal