New rapid covid testing site opens in Suffolk town
- Credit: Suffolk County Council
A new rapid covid testing site has opened to encourage residents in Bungay about the ease of getting tested locally.
It is at Bungay Honeypot Community Centre and is now part of 28 other testing sites that are located across Suffolk.
These include nearby sites at Beccles, Halesworth and Lowestoft.
Mayor of Bungay Bob Prior and Judy Cloke, councillor for Bungay and Wainford, tried out a lateral flow test and both tested negative.
Mrs Cloke said: "People can book themselves in by mobile phone, but the staff took us through the process of registering, which was very easy and straightforward.
You may also want to watch:
"I would encourage everyone to be tested - there is no cost involved, you do not have to book and you do not have to have a mobile phone, because the friendly and efficient staff are there to help you."
The Bungay test centre is open 7-11am Mondays, Tuesdays Wednesdays and Fridays and 3-7pm on Thursdays.
- 1 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 2 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 3 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
- 4 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 5 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
- 6 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 7 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 8 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 9 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch