New rapid covid testing site opens in Suffolk town
- Credit: Suffolk County Council
A new rapid covid testing site has opened to encourage residents in Bungay about the ease of getting tested locally.
It is at Bungay Honeypot Community Centre and is now part of 28 other testing sites that are located across Suffolk.
These include nearby sites at Beccles, Halesworth and Lowestoft.
Mayor of Bungay Bob Prior and Judy Cloke, councillor for Bungay and Wainford, tried out a lateral flow test and both tested negative.
Mrs Cloke said: "People can book themselves in by mobile phone, but the staff took us through the process of registering, which was very easy and straightforward.
"I would encourage everyone to be tested - there is no cost involved, you do not have to book and you do not have to have a mobile phone, because the friendly and efficient staff are there to help you."
The Bungay test centre is open 7-11am Mondays, Tuesdays Wednesdays and Fridays and 3-7pm on Thursdays.
- 1 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 2 Roadworks to know about in Lowestoft this week
- 3 Man charged and two arrested after victim hit with knife in assault
- 4 Families flock to coastal town centre ahead of switch-on event
- 5 Victorian theme attracts hundreds for town's festivities
- 6 Man 'remains under investigation' after car crashed into home
- 7 New homes earmarked for former offices near town centre
- 8 Amelia Reynolds: 'I've learned to live a bit more in the present - enjoy the right now'
- 9 Man arrested in connection with Lowestoft assault
- 10 67-year-old Lowestoft drug dealer found with £200,000 of cocaine jailed