Walk-in Covid vaccine clinics to be held in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
A pair of drop-in coronavirus vaccination clinics are set to be held in Great Yarmouth.
Sessions will take place at the Market Gates Shopping Centre this weekend.
No appointment is necessary for either of the clinics, which will take place from 9am to 3pm on Saturday (April 24) and 10am to 2pm on Sunday. (April 25).
Walk-in centres were launched in Norfolk and Waveney last month, and are only for people in priority groups 1-10 looking to get their first dose of the vaccine.
- Anyone aged 45 and over
- Patients who are clinically extremely vulnerable
- Health and social care staff
- Care home residents and workers
- Paid or unpaid adult carers
- Adults who live with someone who has severe immunosuppression
Health officials are warning that demand at Market Gates is likely to vary throughout the day. There may, therefore, be occasions when people are asked to return to the shopping centre when it is less busy.
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 3 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 4 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 5 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 6 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 7 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 8 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 9 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 10 'Dangerous' neck restraint led to death of Pontins guest, inquest finds
Evidence of eligibility for a jab will be required.