Heavy snow set to return in Suffolk
THE heavy snow which blighted the region two weeks ago is poised to return this week as conditions start to deteriorate over the next few days.
Although conditions have improved over the last few days it is widely predicted that snow could begin falling again later this week.
Steve Western, a forecaster at Weatherquest, said: 'There is a chance that we could see some snowfall this week and in the days leading up until Christmas.
'However, the weather reports we have received so far have been conflicting so I would urge people not to panic just yet.'
Last week forecasters at British Weather Services (BWS) predicted that heavy snowfall would make the Christmas period a 'living nightmare' for people across the UK.
Bosses at Suffolk County Council said that grit supplies were 'adequate at present' and more deliveries were expected before Christmas Day.
- 1 Major £4.7m scheme under way to relocate pipelines in Lowestoft
- 2 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 3 Business growth means East Anglian energy firm is looking to recruit locals
- 4 Bin collections affected in parts of Lowestoft
- 5 Police hunt witness after 'intoxicated' woman grabs buggy with child inside
- 6 Man's death 'not suspicious' after body found in Lowestoft
- 7 Burglars break into garage and steal mountain bike
- 8 Former Grade II listed Post Office to be restored to former glory
- 9 Lowestoft in 2022 - How nightlife, tourism, retail and housing will change
- 10 Car windscreen smashed and tyres slashed in Lowestoft