Heavy snow set to return in Suffolk
THE heavy snow which blighted the region two weeks ago is poised to return this week as conditions start to deteriorate over the next few days.
Although conditions have improved over the last few days it is widely predicted that snow could begin falling again later this week.
Steve Western, a forecaster at Weatherquest, said: 'There is a chance that we could see some snowfall this week and in the days leading up until Christmas.
'However, the weather reports we have received so far have been conflicting so I would urge people not to panic just yet.'
Last week forecasters at British Weather Services (BWS) predicted that heavy snowfall would make the Christmas period a 'living nightmare' for people across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Bosses at Suffolk County Council said that grit supplies were 'adequate at present' and more deliveries were expected before Christmas Day.
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 5 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 6 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 7 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 8 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 9 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 10 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre