Heavy snow set to return in Suffolk
THE heavy snow which blighted the region two weeks ago is poised to return this week as conditions start to deteriorate over the next few days.
Although conditions have improved over the last few days it is widely predicted that snow could begin falling again later this week.
Steve Western, a forecaster at Weatherquest, said: 'There is a chance that we could see some snowfall this week and in the days leading up until Christmas.
'However, the weather reports we have received so far have been conflicting so I would urge people not to panic just yet.'
Last week forecasters at British Weather Services (BWS) predicted that heavy snowfall would make the Christmas period a 'living nightmare' for people across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Bosses at Suffolk County Council said that grit supplies were 'adequate at present' and more deliveries were expected before Christmas Day.
- 1 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 2 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 3 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 4 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 5 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 6 Fire crews called to fisheries laboratory in Lowestoft
- 7 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 8 Flood-hit school hails 'amazing' community response
- 9 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man
- 10 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes