Help make us the blooming best!
A RALLYING call to help Lowestoft become the blooming best town in the region is going out today.The Lowestoft in Bloom committee is encouraging green-fingered locals, keen gardeners, allotment holders, businesses and schools to join forces with the aim of making the town's floral displays the most creative and colourful in East Anglia.
A RALLYING call to help Lowestoft become the blooming best town in the region is going out today.
The Lowestoft in Bloom committee is encouraging green-fingered locals, keen gardeners, allotment holders, businesses and schools to join forces with the aim of making the town's floral displays the most creative and colourful in East Anglia.
The charity will be holding its annual general meeting on Friday, May 28, at the Town Hall, starting at 7.15pm. And committee member Gloria Honeywood told The Journal: 'We would like to invite anyone interested in Lowestoft in Bloom to attend - all will be made welcome.
'It is a good way to meet us without feeling under any obligation to join us, as the more people we can get on board the more we are able to get things done to help improve the look of our town!'
You may also want to watch:
With the help of Waveney District Council and Waveney Norse, the Lowestoft in Bloom committee revealed this week that six new hanging baskets will soon be unveiled in the town centre.
'We are hoping that this will encourage businesses in the town to perhaps sponsor a lamppost so that the town looks more inviting to visitors and ourselves,' Mrs Honeywood said.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 4 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 5 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 6 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 7 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 8 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
- 9 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 10 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
The Lowestoft in Bloom committee is looking for people and organisations to take part in various categories in this year's contest.
If anyone is interested in entering the competition, forms are available by telephoning 01502 564007, 569450 or 582187 - and if you would like to help with sponsorship contact these numbers as well.