Help make us the blooming best!
A RALLYING call to help Lowestoft become the blooming best town in the region is going out today.The Lowestoft in Bloom committee is encouraging green-fingered locals, keen gardeners, allotment holders, businesses and schools to join forces with the aim of making the town's floral displays the most creative and colourful in East Anglia.
A RALLYING call to help Lowestoft become the blooming best town in the region is going out today.
The Lowestoft in Bloom committee is encouraging green-fingered locals, keen gardeners, allotment holders, businesses and schools to join forces with the aim of making the town's floral displays the most creative and colourful in East Anglia.
The charity will be holding its annual general meeting on Friday, May 28, at the Town Hall, starting at 7.15pm. And committee member Gloria Honeywood told The Journal: 'We would like to invite anyone interested in Lowestoft in Bloom to attend - all will be made welcome.
'It is a good way to meet us without feeling under any obligation to join us, as the more people we can get on board the more we are able to get things done to help improve the look of our town!'
You may also want to watch:
With the help of Waveney District Council and Waveney Norse, the Lowestoft in Bloom committee revealed this week that six new hanging baskets will soon be unveiled in the town centre.
'We are hoping that this will encourage businesses in the town to perhaps sponsor a lamppost so that the town looks more inviting to visitors and ourselves,' Mrs Honeywood said.
- 1 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 2 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 3 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 4 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 5 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 6 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 7 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 8 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 9 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
- 10 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft
The Lowestoft in Bloom committee is looking for people and organisations to take part in various categories in this year's contest.
If anyone is interested in entering the competition, forms are available by telephoning 01502 564007, 569450 or 582187 - and if you would like to help with sponsorship contact these numbers as well.