Concours event set to feature iconic cars
A car that appeared in a classic Hollywood movie will line up with other iconic vehicles as a popular event returns this summer.
The third Heveningham Hall Concours d'Elegance will take place on Saturday, June 30 and Sunday, July 1 alongside its long-standing country fair.
As well as featuring 50 of the world's most iconic cars, Heveningham Hall, near Halesworth, will play host to an array of vintage aircraft once more as a simultaneous aviation concours is held.
And making its UK debut at the event will be Peter and Merle Mullin's 1939 Delage D8-120 Cabriolet – which appeared in the 1951 Hollywood movie 'An American in Paris' starring Gene Kelly.
The Delage, which recently took top honours at the 21 Gun Salute Concours in India, has a fascinating history and has appeared in major concours d'elegance shows with great success.
You may also want to watch:
Commenting on the inclusion of the Delage in this year's concours, Max Hunt, chairman of judges, said: 'With its amazing history, elegant lines and stunning condition, this car is sure to be a standout exhibitor at this year's concours.'
The event will play host to 50 classic, spectacular and rare cars, with other cars recently confirmed including a 1931 Invicta Low Chassis; a 1938 Riley Sprite; a 1963 Lister Costin Coupe; a 1964 Ferrari 500 Superfast; a 1993 Ferrari F40 LM; and a 2003 Pagoni Zonda.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Man hit with club and struck with knife in Lowestoft assault
- 10 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
A new event for this year – Horsepower Hill – will provide an opportunity for concours' owners and specially-selected guests to burn rubber in their own cars in a timed burnout around the landscape.
The 50-mile Heveningham Tour also returns on Friday, June 29 and the route includes a Ferryman's picnic which involves a river crossing.
Heveningham Hall's concours takes place at the same time as the annual country fair, which sees around 20,000 visitors descend on the historic estate for main ring events, aerobatic displays, shopping, local crafts and much more.
Each year the Heveningham Hall Country Fair Trust distributes all proceeds to local charities.
For more information about the concours and the charitable activities that it supports, visit www.heveninghamconcours.com