High-flying event draws the crowds
FAMILIES flocked to Henham Park to enjoy the sights and sounds of the popular Wings and Wheels event in glorious weather. The event, organised by Halesworth Lions, featured the world champion in glider aerobatics who wowed the crowds with some breathtaking stunts.
FAMILIES flocked to Henham Park to enjoy the sights and sounds of the popular Wings and Wheels event in glorious weather.
The event, organised by Halesworth Lions, featured the world champion in glider aerobatics who wowed the crowds with some breathtaking stunts.
As always, vintage planes and classic cars drew the crowds, with cherished Rolls Royce, Bentley and Lotus vehicles on show and looking their best in the May sunshine.
President of Halesworth Lions Mandy Hawksley said an estimated 5,000 people came through the gates on Sunday and money raised would go to local causes.
She said that although the family-run Circus Masquerade, this year's new attraction, had to cancel due to problems with the big top, donkey rides and model train rides proved popular with children and there was plenty on offer to keep people of all ages entertained, including the Tiger Club Turbulent Team, who staged a barnstorming aerobatic display in Tiger Moths.
'It was a brilliant day with brilliant weather and lots of people,' she said. 'Everything went really well - you could sit and watch the displays and totally relax. It was a proper family day out.'
- 1 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 2 Pair running Suffolk cannabis factory worth up to £167k jailed
- 3 Bid to demolish countryside home to build church
- 4 Plans to redevelop major town centre building to be discussed
- 5 TV and prescription medicine stolen from Lowestoft home
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Banksy mural created to spark debate after town's artwork was sold
- 8 Zeb Soanes set to host Smooth Classics at Seven on Classic FM
- 9 Man bitten on the nose as he tried to make citizen's arrest
- 10 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers need to know about this week
She added: 'It's getting bigger and bigger each year, and we try to do something different each year.'
Enjoying a picnic and sampling locally produced beer and fudge was the order of the day for many of the visitors to the beautiful Henham Park estate, near Southwold.