High-flying event draws the crowds
FAMILIES flocked to Henham Park to enjoy the sights and sounds of the popular Wings and Wheels event in glorious weather. The event, organised by Halesworth Lions, featured the world champion in glider aerobatics who wowed the crowds with some breathtaking stunts.
FAMILIES flocked to Henham Park to enjoy the sights and sounds of the popular Wings and Wheels event in glorious weather.
The event, organised by Halesworth Lions, featured the world champion in glider aerobatics who wowed the crowds with some breathtaking stunts.
As always, vintage planes and classic cars drew the crowds, with cherished Rolls Royce, Bentley and Lotus vehicles on show and looking their best in the May sunshine.
President of Halesworth Lions Mandy Hawksley said an estimated 5,000 people came through the gates on Sunday and money raised would go to local causes.
You may also want to watch:
She said that although the family-run Circus Masquerade, this year's new attraction, had to cancel due to problems with the big top, donkey rides and model train rides proved popular with children and there was plenty on offer to keep people of all ages entertained, including the Tiger Club Turbulent Team, who staged a barnstorming aerobatic display in Tiger Moths.
'It was a brilliant day with brilliant weather and lots of people,' she said. 'Everything went really well - you could sit and watch the displays and totally relax. It was a proper family day out.'
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 3 Flood warning as Suffolk set for 23 hours of heavy rain later this week
- 4 Delays warning as road closed for emergency repairs
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 8 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 9 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 10 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
She added: 'It's getting bigger and bigger each year, and we try to do something different each year.'
Enjoying a picnic and sampling locally produced beer and fudge was the order of the day for many of the visitors to the beautiful Henham Park estate, near Southwold.