High-flying event draws the crowds
FAMILIES flocked to Henham Park to enjoy the sights and sounds of the popular Wings and Wheels event in glorious weather. The event, organised by Halesworth Lions, featured the world champion in glider aerobatics who wowed the crowds with some breathtaking stunts.
FAMILIES flocked to Henham Park to enjoy the sights and sounds of the popular Wings and Wheels event in glorious weather.
The event, organised by Halesworth Lions, featured the world champion in glider aerobatics who wowed the crowds with some breathtaking stunts.
As always, vintage planes and classic cars drew the crowds, with cherished Rolls Royce, Bentley and Lotus vehicles on show and looking their best in the May sunshine.
President of Halesworth Lions Mandy Hawksley said an estimated 5,000 people came through the gates on Sunday and money raised would go to local causes.
You may also want to watch:
She said that although the family-run Circus Masquerade, this year's new attraction, had to cancel due to problems with the big top, donkey rides and model train rides proved popular with children and there was plenty on offer to keep people of all ages entertained, including the Tiger Club Turbulent Team, who staged a barnstorming aerobatic display in Tiger Moths.
'It was a brilliant day with brilliant weather and lots of people,' she said. 'Everything went really well - you could sit and watch the displays and totally relax. It was a proper family day out.'
- 1 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 2 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 3 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 4 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 5 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 6 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 7 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 8 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 9 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 10 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach
She added: 'It's getting bigger and bigger each year, and we try to do something different each year.'
Enjoying a picnic and sampling locally produced beer and fudge was the order of the day for many of the visitors to the beautiful Henham Park estate, near Southwold.