Giant waves soak passersby in The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This stunning shot capturing giant waves battering the coastline during last week's high tide has been named as The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The photograph was taken by David Turrell near the sea wall at North Beach Lowestoft.
He used his Canon Powershot SX60 to take the stunning picture and said: 'At around 10.30am high tide was going to be extra high due to spring tides and strong northerly winds.
'The people in the photo give a scale of just how high the waves were that day. I am proud to win as I love taking scenery pictures.
As our winner, Mr Turrell receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 7 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 8 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school