Historic stand damaged in arson attack
GREAT Yarmouth Football Clubs' historic stand has been damaged in an arson attack.The stand, believed to be the world's oldest, was damaged as a result of material being set alight.
GREAT Yarmouth Football Clubs' historic stand has been damaged in an arson attack.
The stand, believed to be the world's oldest, was damaged as a result of material being set alight.
Four changing room windows were also broken between 3pm on Friday and 9am yesterday.
The stand, at the Wellesley Road Recreation Ground, has recently had a �200,000 restoration and was due to be back in use for the new season.
You may also want to watch:
Contact: PC Rachel Pack on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 7 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary