Historic stand damaged in arson attack
GREAT Yarmouth Football Clubs' historic stand has been damaged in an arson attack.The stand, believed to be the world's oldest, was damaged as a result of material being set alight.
GREAT Yarmouth Football Clubs' historic stand has been damaged in an arson attack.
The stand, believed to be the world's oldest, was damaged as a result of material being set alight.
Four changing room windows were also broken between 3pm on Friday and 9am yesterday.
The stand, at the Wellesley Road Recreation Ground, has recently had a �200,000 restoration and was due to be back in use for the new season.
Contact: PC Rachel Pack on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man throws brick through living room window in Lowestoft
- 2 Enjoy the wonders of hidden exotic garden at summer open days
- 3 Hundreds bask in sun for return of 'wonderful' event
- 4 Alleged fly-tipper smashed through hedge after being locked inside property grounds
- 5 Thieves break into garden and steal hot tub
- 6 Police hunt wanted man from Lowestoft
- 7 'Time for some you time': Unwind at brand new wellbeing retreat
- 8 Warning as RNLI crew called out to sandbank to rescue paddleboarders
- 9 Roads 'likely' to flood as thunderstorms hit Suffolk
- 10 Part of busy Lowestoft road set for overnight closures