Historic stand damaged in arson attack
GREAT Yarmouth Football Clubs' historic stand has been damaged in an arson attack.The stand, believed to be the world's oldest, was damaged as a result of material being set alight.
GREAT Yarmouth Football Clubs' historic stand has been damaged in an arson attack.
The stand, believed to be the world's oldest, was damaged as a result of material being set alight.
Four changing room windows were also broken between 3pm on Friday and 9am yesterday.
The stand, at the Wellesley Road Recreation Ground, has recently had a �200,000 restoration and was due to be back in use for the new season.
Contact: PC Rachel Pack on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Major £4.7m scheme under way to relocate pipelines in Lowestoft
- 2 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 3 Business growth means East Anglian energy firm is looking to recruit locals
- 4 Bin collections affected in parts of Lowestoft
- 5 Man's death 'not suspicious' after body found in Lowestoft
- 6 Police hunt witness after 'intoxicated' woman grabs buggy with child inside
- 7 Burglars break into garage and steal mountain bike
- 8 Former Grade II listed Post Office to be restored to former glory
- 9 Lowestoft in 2022 - How nightlife, tourism, retail and housing will change
- 10 Car windscreen smashed and tyres slashed in Lowestoft