Historic stand damaged in arson attack
GREAT Yarmouth Football Clubs' historic stand has been damaged in an arson attack.The stand, believed to be the world's oldest, was damaged as a result of material being set alight.
GREAT Yarmouth Football Clubs' historic stand has been damaged in an arson attack.
The stand, believed to be the world's oldest, was damaged as a result of material being set alight.
Four changing room windows were also broken between 3pm on Friday and 9am yesterday.
The stand, at the Wellesley Road Recreation Ground, has recently had a �200,000 restoration and was due to be back in use for the new season.
You may also want to watch:
Contact: PC Rachel Pack on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Duo spared jail for breaking birthday party-goer's jaw in two places
- 2 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre
- 3 New service manager unveiled at care home in Lowestoft
- 4 Man charged with robbery after threatening staff with toy gun
- 5 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 6 Alexa Auto stolen from car during early morning theft in Lowestoft
- 7 Man appears in court charged with toy gun robbery in Lowestoft
- 8 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 9 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 10 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes