Holiday firm outlines investment for Lowestoft
- Credit: James Bass
A Lowestoft-based holiday company has confirmed its commitment to the town – with a major investment.
Holiday giant Hoseasons – one of the UK's leading self-catering accommodation specialists – are set to make a £250,000 investment into their headquarters in Raglan Road, Lowestoft.
Work has started on the first phase of a new development to upgrade and renovate the whole building – with bosses excited about the growth of the firm.
On Monday, ten new apprentices will start work at Hoseasons' headquarters. And by next February 270 people will be employed at Hoseasons – meaning it remains one of Lowestoft's main employers.
Managing director Simon Altham said: 'I have been here 11 years now and there is just something special about this workforce. They are so passionate about Lowestoft, they want this business to be a success and it is a privilege for me.
You may also want to watch:
'It is about retaining the talent we have got (in our workforce).
We want to make sure we put a lot of investment into our people.'
- 1 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 2 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 5 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 6 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 7 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 8 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
For the full story, pick up this week's Journal.
Have you got a Lowestoft story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org