Holiday firm outlines investment for Lowestoft
- Credit: James Bass
A Lowestoft-based holiday company has confirmed its commitment to the town – with a major investment.
Holiday giant Hoseasons – one of the UK's leading self-catering accommodation specialists – are set to make a £250,000 investment into their headquarters in Raglan Road, Lowestoft.
Work has started on the first phase of a new development to upgrade and renovate the whole building – with bosses excited about the growth of the firm.
On Monday, ten new apprentices will start work at Hoseasons' headquarters. And by next February 270 people will be employed at Hoseasons – meaning it remains one of Lowestoft's main employers.
Managing director Simon Altham said: 'I have been here 11 years now and there is just something special about this workforce. They are so passionate about Lowestoft, they want this business to be a success and it is a privilege for me.
You may also want to watch:
'It is about retaining the talent we have got (in our workforce).
We want to make sure we put a lot of investment into our people.'
- 1 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 2 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 3 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 4 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 5 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 6 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 7 Fire crew called after child gets stuck in room with faulty latch
- 8 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 9 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 10 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk
For the full story, pick up this week's Journal.
Have you got a Lowestoft story? Email email@example.com