Holiday firm’s Black Friday success
- Credit: James Bass
A leading Lowestoft company is hailing the success of its first ever Black Friday weekend of deals.
Hoseasons, the UK's leading self-catering company, saw a 48 per cent year-on-year increase in bookings during the four day period between Black Friday and Cyber Monday in late November.
The company, which operates throughout the UK, saw bookings across lodge and park locations increase by 45pc and its boating portfolio by an amazing 94pc, as consumers made the most of the offers available over the four-day period.
Bookings across the weekend remained strong, but Cyber Monday showed the strongest performance with a 63pc increase in all sales compared to the same period in 2014.
The initiative was driven by an integrated marketing campaign across e-shots, social media and display advertising, but was underpinned by the launch of a new-look website and the range of offers available to customers across all products.
You may also want to watch:
Simon Altham, Hoseasons managing director, said: 'We were thrilled to see a strong performance over the weekend as it demonstrated that after a fifth consecutive record summer for Hoseasons, our customers continue to want to take short breaks in the UK.
'We suspected that demand would be high over the Black Friday weekend and wanted to ensure we gave over customers compelling reasons to book, but nothing could prepare us for the volume of transactions across all channels. The weekend also coincided with the launch of our brand new fully responsive website, which was certainly put to the test over this exceptionally busy weekend.'
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
? For more information visit www.hoseasons.co.uk or call 0345 498 6130.