Holiday snap of beach huts is our weekly competition winner
- Credit: Archant
BEACH HUTS: A perfect holiday snap has landed a keen amateur photographer with his tenth win in our Picture of the Week competition.
Peter Salmon of Carlton Colville, took the picture of a row of beach huts one morning whilst on holiday in Wells next the Sea with his wife and daughter.
Reflecting on his latest win, Mr Salmon said: 'We were on holiday two weeks ago and I got up a bit early to walk along the seafront and the tidal surge was so great that the water got trapped which helped to make the reflection.
'I think the lines work very well for the continuity and at that moment a couple of people were walking along with their dogs which helped with the composition.
'We have been to Wells before and always had a good time. It did rain quite a lot but we managed to all get out together.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Salmon has previously won with pictures including sunsets and speedboats and claimed 'it is always nice to win.'
As our winner, Mr Salmon receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 6 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 7 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 8 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 9 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew
By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, he is also in with a shout of winning the top prize – a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130.
Entries can be of any subject, but they must be by amateur photographers and we prefer digital images.
We also accept prints but we cannot guarantee their return.
If you would like to take part in our popular contest, and be in with a chance of winning, just e-mail us your pictures, along with your details and daytime phone number (and mobile number too if possible) to: firstname.lastname@example.org putting Picture of the Week in the subject box.