Holt to leave lasting impression
GARY Holt, a salute to a true pro.Could I please congratulate the astute management team that persuaded him to spend his 36th year pounding up and down the Crown Meadow.
GARY Holt, a salute to a true pro.
Could I please congratulate the astute management team that persuaded him to spend his 36th year pounding up and down the Crown Meadow.
The man has proved a superb addition to our talented squad and still lives up to his three lungs nickname.
To see him covering as much ground as any other every game, with all those comparative youngsters around him, is a testimony to his attitude, desire and application. He may have dropped down the divisions, but his performance level has not.
He will leave a lasting impression on those privileged to observe the very best qualities of his profession at such close quarters.
With sleeves rolled up, be it Gloucester, Wrexham or the relative backwaters of Northwood, the graft is always first minute to last, no challenge is shirked, and he must be a superb role model for the lads around him.
- 1 'It will look fantastic': Work to restore former Post Office under way
- 2 'A real gent' - Father raising awareness of rare cancer passes away aged 61
- 3 'Something special': First Light Festival to return with new events
- 4 New trees planted on disused piece of land as Community Garden is unveiled
- 5 Bikes stolen in garage break-ins and separate theft in Lowestoft
- 6 Man punched in face in Lowestoft supermarket car park
- 7 Man arrested in Lowestoft after stop and search finds cannabis and cash
- 8 Man, 33, charged following Lowestoft burglary
- 9 Three bikes stolen in latest spate of cycle thefts
- 10 Green light to restore High Street shopfronts dating back to 1860s
I doff my Lowestoft cap to those who talked him into it and to Gary, I expect your stay will be short but what a fine representative from the professional ranks you have been.
Whenever you move on can I say thanks for your stirling efforts and I sincerely hope you find a suitable coaching role to bring others on, the Gary Holt way.