Hop on the buses for Lowestoft treasure hunt
FAMILIES are being urged to take part in a Lowestoft treasure hunt – on buses.
Mission: Explore Lowestoft is being launched in the town this week in a bid to encourage people to explore their local area by competing in challenges designed around the 106 and 601 bus routes.
The project aims to educate people about the town and encourage them to use sustainable transport in future.
It is part of a �6.2m Lowestoft Local Links initiative funded by the government and local councils, which will see the construction of a new pedestrian and cycle bridge at Lake Lothing and a revamp of the forecourt at the Lowestoft train station.
To take part, families need to purchase a �10 Mission:Explore day ticket from the bus driver at any bus stop along the 106 or 601 routes. In return, they will be given a mission sheet containing questions and challenges.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, people can pick up mission sheets in advance from Lowestoft or Oulton Broad library, or the tourist information centre.
Final answers are submitted via the Mission:Explore website www.missionexplore.net/reward/lowestoft or at collection points within the tourist information centre or the library.
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 7 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 8 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 9 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 10 Stranded fishing vessel towed to safety by lifeboats
A prize draw will take place at the end of October 2012 for a range of prizes including digital cameras, binoculars and explorer book packs.