Hop on the buses for Lowestoft treasure hunt
FAMILIES are being urged to take part in a Lowestoft treasure hunt – on buses.
Mission: Explore Lowestoft is being launched in the town this week in a bid to encourage people to explore their local area by competing in challenges designed around the 106 and 601 bus routes.
The project aims to educate people about the town and encourage them to use sustainable transport in future.
It is part of a �6.2m Lowestoft Local Links initiative funded by the government and local councils, which will see the construction of a new pedestrian and cycle bridge at Lake Lothing and a revamp of the forecourt at the Lowestoft train station.
To take part, families need to purchase a �10 Mission:Explore day ticket from the bus driver at any bus stop along the 106 or 601 routes. In return, they will be given a mission sheet containing questions and challenges.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, people can pick up mission sheets in advance from Lowestoft or Oulton Broad library, or the tourist information centre.
Final answers are submitted via the Mission:Explore website www.missionexplore.net/reward/lowestoft or at collection points within the tourist information centre or the library.
- 1 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 2 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 3 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 4 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 5 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 6 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 7 Fire crews called to fisheries laboratory in Lowestoft
- 8 Flood-hit school hails 'amazing' community response
- 9 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 10 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man
A prize draw will take place at the end of October 2012 for a range of prizes including digital cameras, binoculars and explorer book packs.