Horse racing set for extension
FOR the second time this month, Great Yarmouth Racecourse will be hosting an additional fixture.It is all due to the straits that the new racecourse at Great Leighs in Essex finds itself in.
FOR the second time this month, Great Yarmouth Racecourse will be hosting an additional fixture.
It is all due to the straits that the new racecourse at Great Leighs in Essex finds itself in. It is currently closed and all fixtures are being transferred.
So evening horse racing at Yarmouth starts earlier than usual - on Thursday, April 30.
General manager Glenn Tubby said: 'We began the season expecting to host 22 racing fixtures - and that's now 24 after Easter Tuesday and the one on the final day of the month.'
With decent prize-money for racehorse owners up for grabs, the quality of the racing should be good on April 30. The most valuable race is the �10,000 Premier Racing Services Grand Opening In Lowestoft Conditions Stakes.
As a special offer due to the fixture being an extra one for the season, anyone booking a meal in the Trafalgar Restaurant on the first floor of the Lord Nelson Grandstand will be given complimentary Premier Enclosure admission which represents a saving of �19 on the normal cost.
- 1 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 2 Drone video reveals best look at Gull Wing bridge project
- 3 Queen's Jubilee celebration events aplenty to enjoy in Waveney
- 4 New lease of life for vacant former supermarket
- 5 Do you know him? CCTV appeal launched after Lowestoft assault
- 6 Motorbike and car involved in crash in Lowestoft
- 7 Suffolk care boss warns fuel costs could soon be unsustainable
- 8 Community response hailed as Tilli, five, continues recovery after stroke
- 9 New Taco Bell restaurant 'will make a real difference to vibrancy' of town
- 10 Power tools stolen after shed broken into overnight
Tubby added: 'Despite a sea fret that affected viewing, we were pleased with the crowds on the opening two days of the 2009 season - the scheduled meeting on Easter Monday and the first additional fixture of the month 24 hours later."
The first race of six on April 30 is at 5.30pm, with the finale at 8pm.