Horse racing set for extension
FOR the second time this month, Great Yarmouth Racecourse will be hosting an additional fixture.It is all due to the straits that the new racecourse at Great Leighs in Essex finds itself in.
FOR the second time this month, Great Yarmouth Racecourse will be hosting an additional fixture.
It is all due to the straits that the new racecourse at Great Leighs in Essex finds itself in. It is currently closed and all fixtures are being transferred.
So evening horse racing at Yarmouth starts earlier than usual - on Thursday, April 30.
General manager Glenn Tubby said: 'We began the season expecting to host 22 racing fixtures - and that's now 24 after Easter Tuesday and the one on the final day of the month.'
You may also want to watch:
With decent prize-money for racehorse owners up for grabs, the quality of the racing should be good on April 30. The most valuable race is the �10,000 Premier Racing Services Grand Opening In Lowestoft Conditions Stakes.
As a special offer due to the fixture being an extra one for the season, anyone booking a meal in the Trafalgar Restaurant on the first floor of the Lord Nelson Grandstand will be given complimentary Premier Enclosure admission which represents a saving of �19 on the normal cost.
- 1 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 2 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 3 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 4 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 7 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 8 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 9 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 10 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
Tubby added: 'Despite a sea fret that affected viewing, we were pleased with the crowds on the opening two days of the 2009 season - the scheduled meeting on Easter Monday and the first additional fixture of the month 24 hours later."
The first race of six on April 30 is at 5.30pm, with the finale at 8pm.