Horse racing set for extension
FOR the second time this month, Great Yarmouth Racecourse will be hosting an additional fixture.It is all due to the straits that the new racecourse at Great Leighs in Essex finds itself in.
FOR the second time this month, Great Yarmouth Racecourse will be hosting an additional fixture.
It is all due to the straits that the new racecourse at Great Leighs in Essex finds itself in. It is currently closed and all fixtures are being transferred.
So evening horse racing at Yarmouth starts earlier than usual - on Thursday, April 30.
General manager Glenn Tubby said: 'We began the season expecting to host 22 racing fixtures - and that's now 24 after Easter Tuesday and the one on the final day of the month.'
You may also want to watch:
With decent prize-money for racehorse owners up for grabs, the quality of the racing should be good on April 30. The most valuable race is the �10,000 Premier Racing Services Grand Opening In Lowestoft Conditions Stakes.
As a special offer due to the fixture being an extra one for the season, anyone booking a meal in the Trafalgar Restaurant on the first floor of the Lord Nelson Grandstand will be given complimentary Premier Enclosure admission which represents a saving of �19 on the normal cost.
- 1 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 2 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 3 Rescue mission as fox gets tangled in football net
- 4 Vandal's sentencing adjourned after 'mess' of car damage spree case
- 5 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 6 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 7 Awareness and funds raised as walk for brave Drew hailed a success
- 8 T-rex to stomp its way across county on tour of towns and resorts
- 9 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 10 'Great to be back': parkrun returns to popular promenade
Tubby added: 'Despite a sea fret that affected viewing, we were pleased with the crowds on the opening two days of the 2009 season - the scheduled meeting on Easter Monday and the first additional fixture of the month 24 hours later."
The first race of six on April 30 is at 5.30pm, with the finale at 8pm.