Hot weather set to continue in Suffolk
THE sun will continue to shine over Suffolk this weekend with the recent warm weather continuing into Saturday.As top temperatures were enjoyed across the country, Suffolk also got its share of the sunshine with thermometers predicted to reach 28C or 82F today.
THE sun will continue to shine over Suffolk this weekend with the recent warm weather continuing into Saturday.
As top temperatures were enjoyed across the country, Suffolk also got its share of the sunshine with thermometers predicted to reach 28C or 82F today.
And despite the temperature being due to drop by a few degrees the warm, dry weather is predicted to continue into the weekend.
John Law, a forecaster for Weatherquest in Norwich, said today: 'It is looking very nice and the temperatures are picking up very nicely.
You may also want to watch:
'It was a very nice day yesterday and temperatures were recorded in Wattisham of 25C (77F).
'There was plenty of sunshine and it was very warm, like today.'
- 1 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 2 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 3 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 4 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 7 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 8 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 9 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 10 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
Hot air drifting over from mainland Europe is the cause of warm weather and Mr Law said Saturday was also due to be a warm day although rain had been forecast.
'There is a cloudy front from the west which will mean it is a little bit cooler as we head towards Friday,' said Mr Law.
'It will be around 22C (72F) or 23C (73F) but it will pick back up at the weekend to around 25C (77F)
'There could be some sharp showers with the front that is moving in but Saturday itself is looking dry with Sunday being more cloudy.'