Hotel Watch launched in Lowestoft
FIRST there was Neighbourhood Watch….then came Marine Watch….and now a new initiative has been established in Lowestoft.Cracking down on crime, Hotel and Guest House Watch has been unveiled in Kirkley as police team up with businesses in an effort to keep the town safe.
FIRST there was Neighbourhood Watch….then came Marine Watch….and now a new initiative has been established in Lowestoft.
Cracking down on crime, Hotel and Guest House Watch has been unveiled in Kirkley as police team up with businesses in an effort to keep the town safe.
A police spokesman said: 'The aim of the scheme is to ensure that there is a good working relationship between the local businesses to allow a good flow of information between the businesses and the Safer Neighbourhood teams for their area.'
With a thriving summer trade, and the town benefiting from major events such as the annual Lowestoft Air Show and Honda Offshore Powerboat Racing, with it comes additional visitors and extra business for hotels and guest houses.
You may also want to watch:
'These events and schemes have put Lowestoft back on the tourism map as a place to visit,' the police spokesman said. 'But with the added people from the tourism trade comes the possibility of extra crime and disorder in the town.'
Inspector Nick Aitken said: 'Our work at the moment includes engaging with the small businesses in Kirkley to discover the issues that affect them, as well as starting regular meetings with the guest house owners in the area.
- 1 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 4 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 5 'Marmite' beach huts supported despite disability concerns
- 6 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 7 Woman suffering flashbacks and seizures after unprovoked attack
- 8 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings
- 9 Lowestoft 'bold modern' beach huts decision pushed back
- 10 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage
'The aim of this is to work together to share information and prevent crime.'