Hotel Watch launched in Lowestoft
FIRST there was Neighbourhood Watch….then came Marine Watch….and now a new initiative has been established in Lowestoft.Cracking down on crime, Hotel and Guest House Watch has been unveiled in Kirkley as police team up with businesses in an effort to keep the town safe.
FIRST there was Neighbourhood Watch….then came Marine Watch….and now a new initiative has been established in Lowestoft.
Cracking down on crime, Hotel and Guest House Watch has been unveiled in Kirkley as police team up with businesses in an effort to keep the town safe.
A police spokesman said: 'The aim of the scheme is to ensure that there is a good working relationship between the local businesses to allow a good flow of information between the businesses and the Safer Neighbourhood teams for their area.'
With a thriving summer trade, and the town benefiting from major events such as the annual Lowestoft Air Show and Honda Offshore Powerboat Racing, with it comes additional visitors and extra business for hotels and guest houses.
You may also want to watch:
'These events and schemes have put Lowestoft back on the tourism map as a place to visit,' the police spokesman said. 'But with the added people from the tourism trade comes the possibility of extra crime and disorder in the town.'
Inspector Nick Aitken said: 'Our work at the moment includes engaging with the small businesses in Kirkley to discover the issues that affect them, as well as starting regular meetings with the guest house owners in the area.
- 1 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 2 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 3 Rescue mission as fox gets tangled in football net
- 4 Vandal's sentencing adjourned after 'mess' of car damage spree case
- 5 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 6 Awareness and funds raised as walk for brave Drew hailed a success
- 7 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 8 T-rex to stomp its way across county on tour of towns and resorts
- 9 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 10 'Great to be back': parkrun returns to popular promenade
'The aim of this is to work together to share information and prevent crime.'