East Suffolk house prices dropped in July
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
House prices dropped by 2.2pc in East Suffolk in July, new figures show.
But the drop does not reverse the longer-term trend, which has seen property prices in the area achieve 7.4pc annual growth.
The average East Suffolk house price in July was £265,706, Land Registry figures show – a 2.2pc decrease on June.
Over the month, the picture was better than that across the East of England, where prices decreased 3.8pc, and East Suffolk outperformed the 3.7pc drop for the UK as a whole.
Over the last year, the average sale price of property in East Suffolk rose by £18,000 – putting the area 35th among the East of England’s 50 local authorities for annual growth.
You may also want to watch:
Owners of detached houses fared worst in East Suffolk in July, dropping 2.5pc in price to £143,439 on average.
Buyers, however, paid 14.9pc less than the average price in the East of England (£312,000) in July for a property in East Suffolk.
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 3 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 6 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 7 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 8 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 9 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 10 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now