How new ‘brand’ for Lowestoft was created
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
A new 'brand' for Lowestoft was recently launched with a marketing campaign top promote businesses in the town. ANDREW PAPWORTH looks at how the brand was created.
As a Lowestoft-based company, marketing agency Graphitas was well aware of the challenges and opportunities that the town faces increating a new brand.
'As locals, we often take for granted the great offerings of the town and surrounding areas,' said managing director Justin Taylor.
'Sometimes there is a tendency to focus on the negative aspects and challenges the town faces, rather than the many great things the town has to be proud of'.
When coming up with a concept for the new campaign therefore, he said: 'The main focus of the Discover Lowestoft branding was quite simple - we wanted to create an identity for the town that locals would be proud of, while at the same time appealing to tourists and potential visitors.'
You may also want to watch:
He said a key objective was to reinforce the array of things that Lowestoft has to offer, including Blue Flag beaches, national parks, tourist attractions and theatres and restaurans.
'It was our intention that brand identity for the town should encompass as many of these unique offerings as possible,' said Mr Taylor.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
'The end result is a modern, colourful, vibrant brand that not only reflects the uniqueness and diversity of the town, but is hopefully something we can all be proud to be associated with.'