How to make basic pancakes
- Credit: PA
It's Shrove Tuesday next week - so here's how to make some really simple, tasty pancakes.
? 1tbsp butter
? 2 eggs
You may also want to watch:
? 300ml milk
? 100g plain flour
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 3 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 4 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 5 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 6 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 7 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 10 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
? Butter/oil for frying
Mix together the butter, eggs and milk. Whisk into the plain flour.
Heat a pan and wipe with oiled paper. Ladle in a little batter and move around to create an even layer. Leave for 30 seconds then turn, giving another 30 seconds on the other side.
Try out these flavours
? Add blueberries and lemon zest to the American batter. Serve with a syrup made from blueberries, lemon juice, sugar and a pinch of culinary lavender.
? Maple syrup and bacon.
? Ricotta, honey and crushed walnuts.
? Cooked spicy sausage and cheese.
? Sauteed onions, Emmental and ham.
? Hazelnut spread, crushed toasted nuts.
? Roasted pear and chocolate sauce.
? Peanut butter and salted caramel spread.
? Vanilla roasted peaches and cream.
? Oranges poached in sugar, butter and Cointreau