How to make basic pancakes
- Credit: PA
It's Shrove Tuesday next week - so here's how to make some really simple, tasty pancakes.
? 1tbsp butter
? 2 eggs
You may also want to watch:
? 300ml milk
? 100g plain flour
- 1 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 2 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 3 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members
- 4 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 5 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 6 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 7 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 8 Lowestoft man fined £2,000 for noise offences after warning
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
? Butter/oil for frying
Mix together the butter, eggs and milk. Whisk into the plain flour.
Heat a pan and wipe with oiled paper. Ladle in a little batter and move around to create an even layer. Leave for 30 seconds then turn, giving another 30 seconds on the other side.
Try out these flavours
? Add blueberries and lemon zest to the American batter. Serve with a syrup made from blueberries, lemon juice, sugar and a pinch of culinary lavender.
? Maple syrup and bacon.
? Ricotta, honey and crushed walnuts.
? Cooked spicy sausage and cheese.
? Sauteed onions, Emmental and ham.
? Hazelnut spread, crushed toasted nuts.
? Roasted pear and chocolate sauce.
? Peanut butter and salted caramel spread.
? Vanilla roasted peaches and cream.
? Oranges poached in sugar, butter and Cointreau