How to reach the next generation
Church Notes by Matthew Payne, Vicar of Christ Church, LowestoftDRIVING on the right, paying in Euros, everything en fran�ais: if you're in France the differences are obvious!And at the checkout, the caf� or the campsite you try to bridge that gap.
Church Notes by Matthew Payne, Vicar of Christ Church, Lowestoft
DRIVING on the right, paying in Euros, everything en fran�ais: if you're in France the differences are obvious!
And at the checkout, the caf� or the campsite you try to bridge that gap. It's a whole different language and culture.
You may also want to watch:
Likewise the generation gap: whether it's music, internet, mobile phones, fashion, values or priorities. There's a whole different language and culture. We see it on TV, in schools, on the street, and in our churches too.
Now the good news of the Lord Jesus Christ is for all, regardless of nationality, age or generation.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 4 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
Are you French, British, young or old? Are you a baby boomer or Generation X or Generation Y?
The Bible tells us that 'Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, today and forever.'
So how do we pass on the unchanging good news of Jesus, across all the generations, amid our ever-changing culture?
How do we bridge the gaps?
'Reaching the Next Generation' is the theme of this year's Lowestoft Living Word Convention, to be held between October 19 to 22 at London Road Baptist Church, in Lowestoft, with visiting speaker Paul Clarke, from London.
It's run by a partnership of local churches and please join us as we explore how to bridge those gaps.