How to reach the next generation
Church Notes by Matthew Payne, Vicar of Christ Church, LowestoftDRIVING on the right, paying in Euros, everything en fran�ais: if you're in France the differences are obvious!And at the checkout, the caf� or the campsite you try to bridge that gap.
Church Notes by Matthew Payne, Vicar of Christ Church, Lowestoft
DRIVING on the right, paying in Euros, everything en fran�ais: if you're in France the differences are obvious!
And at the checkout, the caf� or the campsite you try to bridge that gap. It's a whole different language and culture.
You may also want to watch:
Likewise the generation gap: whether it's music, internet, mobile phones, fashion, values or priorities. There's a whole different language and culture. We see it on TV, in schools, on the street, and in our churches too.
Now the good news of the Lord Jesus Christ is for all, regardless of nationality, age or generation.
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 7 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 8 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft
- 9 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 10 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
Are you French, British, young or old? Are you a baby boomer or Generation X or Generation Y?
The Bible tells us that 'Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, today and forever.'
So how do we pass on the unchanging good news of Jesus, across all the generations, amid our ever-changing culture?
How do we bridge the gaps?
'Reaching the Next Generation' is the theme of this year's Lowestoft Living Word Convention, to be held between October 19 to 22 at London Road Baptist Church, in Lowestoft, with visiting speaker Paul Clarke, from London.
It's run by a partnership of local churches and please join us as we explore how to bridge those gaps.