Huge demand sees Marina musical run extended
A MAJOR new musical production heading to Lowestoft this summer is proving so popular that an extra performance has been added to help cope with public demand.
Save the Last Dance For Me will be arriving at the Marina Theatre for a week of shows from Monday, July 2 ahead of its expected transfer to London's West End. But, with thousands of seats already snapped up, its producers have agreed to add another performance to help cope with demand.
The show follows the enormous success of another musical, Dreamboats and Petticoats, which played to capacity audiences during its Lowestoft run in February.
Produced by the same writers, creators and directors, Save the Last Dance For Me promises take audiences back through the music and magic of the early 1960s.
Written by Laurence Marks and Maurice Gran – the creators of Goodnight Sweetheart and Birds of a Feather – the production follows two teenage sisters as they take a seaside holiday in the Lowestoft area the summer of 1963. It features many of the classic hits penned by Doc Pomus and Mort Shuman, including its title tune which was a hit for The Drifters in 1960. Save the Last Dance opened in January and is mostly playing in major cities throughout the UK including Manchester, Nottingham, Liverpool and Bristol before arriving in Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
Marina chief executive, Martin Halliday, said: 'We're pleased to confirm that we've secured an extra performance of this terrific production. Ticket sales are already well ahead of expectations and with the story being partly based in Lowestoft, Save The Last Dance For Me is set to become the must-see production at the Marina this summer.'
Tickets are available from the Marina box office. For more information or to book seats, ring 01502 533200.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 8 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre