Humbled by big-hearted people
IT was a refreshing change to see a letter such as Peter Green's giving credit to those who maintain our local parks.The Journal's Pride in the Community Awards has also provided us with an insight into the dedication, love and care of some in our community.
IT was a refreshing change to see a letter such as Peter Green's giving credit to those who maintain our local parks.
The Journal's Pride in the Community Awards has also provided us with an insight into the dedication, love and care of some in our community.
It was good to learn that Janet Ellis and Zoiyer Cole had recommended Jill Eaton and that Jill went on to become a community hero.
Janet and Zoiyer recommended me one year and my greatest gain was to see first hand a group of people of all ages who had been recognised for their love and commitment to others.
You may also want to watch:
I noted that among the nominees were a little girl, aged eight, and another who had numerous operations for cancer. I must admit I felt quite humbled by this experience.
I was only there by virtue of the generosity of a few who, through supplying me with materials for my books and slide shows, enabled necessary funds to be raised. It was this that made me aware of all those people who, week after week, give their time to running groups like the Scouts, Guides, and Brownies etc. I appreciate that they cannot all be put forward for an award but we can thank them through the newspaper/
- 1 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 2 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 3 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
- 4 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 5 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 6 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 7 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 8 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 9 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
- 10 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
I would also like to give credit and thanks to Waveney District Council for the excellent service they have given me over the years when printing my books and to their cleansing staff who, every Friday morning, wave to me when I am eating my breakfast as they empty our bins. Thankfully we still have much to be grateful for.