Humbled by big-hearted people
IT was a refreshing change to see a letter such as Peter Green's giving credit to those who maintain our local parks.The Journal's Pride in the Community Awards has also provided us with an insight into the dedication, love and care of some in our community.
IT was a refreshing change to see a letter such as Peter Green's giving credit to those who maintain our local parks.
The Journal's Pride in the Community Awards has also provided us with an insight into the dedication, love and care of some in our community.
It was good to learn that Janet Ellis and Zoiyer Cole had recommended Jill Eaton and that Jill went on to become a community hero.
Janet and Zoiyer recommended me one year and my greatest gain was to see first hand a group of people of all ages who had been recognised for their love and commitment to others.
I noted that among the nominees were a little girl, aged eight, and another who had numerous operations for cancer. I must admit I felt quite humbled by this experience.
I was only there by virtue of the generosity of a few who, through supplying me with materials for my books and slide shows, enabled necessary funds to be raised. It was this that made me aware of all those people who, week after week, give their time to running groups like the Scouts, Guides, and Brownies etc. I appreciate that they cannot all be put forward for an award but we can thank them through the newspaper/
- 1 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 2 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
- 3 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 4 Motorists stopped for speeding during enforcement checks
- 5 Drone video reveals best look at Gull Wing bridge project
- 6 Hunt continues after man chased and verbally assaulted in park
- 7 Community response hailed as Tilli, five, continues recovery after stroke
- 8 Consultant maps his medical journey
- 9 Queen's Jubilee celebration events aplenty to enjoy in Waveney
- 10 'Incredible turnout' as protesters demand River Waveney clean up
I would also like to give credit and thanks to Waveney District Council for the excellent service they have given me over the years when printing my books and to their cleansing staff who, every Friday morning, wave to me when I am eating my breakfast as they empty our bins. Thankfully we still have much to be grateful for.