Hundreds enjoy picnic to celebrate Queen’s birthday
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Hundreds of people turned out in Lowestoft to celebrate the Queen's birthday.
Heavy afternoon showers seemed to put a cloud over the planned picnic at the Royal Green.
However the weather turned for the better in the nick of time, allowing families to enjoy an activity packed afternoon.
Ursula Jones, the event's organiser said: 'Just before the event the weather brightened up thankfully and families started flooding in and it turned out to be a really good afternoon.
'There was lots going on such as face painting, a magician, hook the duck and balloon sculptures.
You may also want to watch:
'A lot of the children got involved in a tug of war which they really enjoyed and there was also a group of belly dancers who were great.
'Overall there was a lot of royal spirit and a great way to celebrate her Majesty's 90th birthday.'
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 4 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 5 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 6 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise