I beg to differ Ms Moore
READING Rachel Moore's piece in The Journal (May 9) about banning parents from teaching their children to drive has made me compelled to write.What gives her the right to write such rubbish, just because she lacks the confidence.
READING Rachel Moore's piece in The Journal (May 9) about banning parents from teaching their children to drive has made me compelled to write.
What gives her the right to write such rubbish, just because she lacks the confidence. There are a lot of people out there that can, my daughter being one.
She taught me to drive and I'm 58. I would never have made it without her encouragement, patience and yes, it did help, but it still cost me over £1,000 in lessons, so I paid my dues.
My father-in law has driven me to work for years. Now he has incurable cancer. I wanted to be able to repay him and take him round to hospital appointments, etc.
You may also want to watch:
There are a load of people out there needing help and encouragement. My daughter taught her son to drive.
Where do you think he would find that sort of money?
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 8 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 9 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre