Iconic views of Lowestoft and Beccles from the 50s to 90s
These old photos found in the Archant archives show town scenes in Lowestoft and Beccles from the 50s to 90s.
And many of the views and shops can still be seen today.
We would love to see more of your old photographs, so take a look back through your albums and share your favourites with us.
You can upload them on our Lowestoft and Beccles Remembers Facebook group, which was launched a few months ago, or pop in and see us.
The Facebook group is in association with the Lowestoft Journal and the Beccles and Bungay Journal, and is a place where everyone is invited to share memories of days gone by.
You may also want to watch:
And as well as photos of Lowestoft and Beccles we would also love to see snaps from Southwold, Bungay, Halesworth and all the villages in between.
To find our page simply visit Facebook and search 'Lowestoft & Beccles Remembers'.
- 1 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 2 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 3 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 4 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 5 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 6 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 7 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 8 'Fantastic' - excitement from businesses ahead of May 17 changes
- 9 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 10 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
When posting your photos please include as much information as you can, and if you don't know you can ask fellow members to help you out!
Pictures: ARCHANT LIBRARY