Industrial estate evacuated in chemical scare
Up to 70 people have been evacuated at Great Yarmouth's Gapton Hall industrial estate this afternoon after a CO2 leak from a tanker.The leak happened at about 12.
Up to 70 people have been evacuated at Great Yarmouth's Gapton Hall industrial estate this afternoon after a CO2 leak from a tanker.
The leak happened at about 12.20pm while a tanker was delivering CO2 to FlameSkill in Moreton Peto Road.
FlameSkill and neighbouring business units were evacuated as at least six firecrews were called in to tackle the leak.
The area remains closed off while firefighters wait to see if the CO2 leak has been contained and removed.
You may also want to watch:
FlameSkill supplies, maintains and tests firefighting and safety equipment.
- 1 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 2 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 3 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 4 'A true icon': England legend unveils sports hall at former school
- 5 Thieves steal Range Rover from street in Lowestoft
- 6 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 7 Refurbished seafront toilet block set on fire in vandalism spree
- 8 Person taken to hospital after being rescued from boat
- 9 'Little soldier' Drew fighting extremely rare muscle condition
- 10 'Don't ask, don't get' - Town council says no to Lowestoft city status bid