Industrial estate evacuated in chemical scare
Up to 70 people have been evacuated at Great Yarmouth's Gapton Hall industrial estate this afternoon after a CO2 leak from a tanker.The leak happened at about 12.
Up to 70 people have been evacuated at Great Yarmouth's Gapton Hall industrial estate this afternoon after a CO2 leak from a tanker.
The leak happened at about 12.20pm while a tanker was delivering CO2 to FlameSkill in Moreton Peto Road.
FlameSkill and neighbouring business units were evacuated as at least six firecrews were called in to tackle the leak.
The area remains closed off while firefighters wait to see if the CO2 leak has been contained and removed.
You may also want to watch:
FlameSkill supplies, maintains and tests firefighting and safety equipment.
- 1 Woman's warning after being targeted in Royal Mail scam
- 2 Anger after trees 'cut down without any consent'
- 3 Charred remains show aftermath of fire at children's play area
- 4 Mum's upset after church clears baby daughter's grave
- 5 Which Norfolk Wetherspoons pubs are reopening from April 12?
- 6 Investigations continue after drugs seized during raid
- 7 Cooler conditions keep crowds away from east coast
- 8 First lockdown restrictions lifted today - what can you do now?
- 9 Covid-19 timeline: How Lowestoft responded to the pandemic
- 10 Man dies following collision on A12