Industrial estate evacuated in chemical scare
Up to 70 people have been evacuated at Great Yarmouth's Gapton Hall industrial estate this afternoon after a CO2 leak from a tanker.The leak happened at about 12.
Up to 70 people have been evacuated at Great Yarmouth's Gapton Hall industrial estate this afternoon after a CO2 leak from a tanker.
The leak happened at about 12.20pm while a tanker was delivering CO2 to FlameSkill in Moreton Peto Road.
FlameSkill and neighbouring business units were evacuated as at least six firecrews were called in to tackle the leak.
The area remains closed off while firefighters wait to see if the CO2 leak has been contained and removed.
You may also want to watch:
FlameSkill supplies, maintains and tests firefighting and safety equipment.
- 1 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 2 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 3 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft
- 4 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 5 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 6 Burglar attempts to rob store with metal bar as weapon
- 7 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 8 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 9 New book shines 'the spotlight' on coastal town's past and present
- 10 Two men bailed in connection with firearm offences