Inquest into Lowestoft man's death
A LOWESTOFT man hanged himself in Gunton Woods, an inquest has heard.Stephen Edwards, 60, was found by volunteers with dogs from Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue on September 9 after a long search.
A LOWESTOFT man hanged himself in Gunton Woods, an inquest has heard.
Stephen Edwards, 60, was found by volunteers with dogs from Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue on September 9 after a long search.
Mr Edwards, of Stubbs Wood, Lowestoft, suffered from depression and had struggled during treatment.
Greater Suffolk deputy coroner Yvonne Blake recorded a verdict of suicide during last Friday's (December 11) hearing and praised the volunteers for their help in finding him.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'He would not have been found so easily if it wasn't for Lowland Search and Rescue. They saved the police a long period of searching and cut short the period of distress for the family.'
- 1 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 2 'A true icon': England legend unveils sports hall at former school
- 3 Thieves steal Range Rover from street in Lowestoft
- 4 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 5 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 6 'Little soldier' Drew fighting extremely rare muscle condition
- 7 Person taken to hospital after being rescued from boat
- 8 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 9 Refurbished seafront toilet block set on fire in vandalism spree
- 10 Mountain bikes stolen from outside McDonald's restaurant