Inquest into Lowestoft man's death
A LOWESTOFT man hanged himself in Gunton Woods, an inquest has heard.Stephen Edwards, 60, was found by volunteers with dogs from Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue on September 9 after a long search.
A LOWESTOFT man hanged himself in Gunton Woods, an inquest has heard.
Stephen Edwards, 60, was found by volunteers with dogs from Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue on September 9 after a long search.
Mr Edwards, of Stubbs Wood, Lowestoft, suffered from depression and had struggled during treatment.
Greater Suffolk deputy coroner Yvonne Blake recorded a verdict of suicide during last Friday's (December 11) hearing and praised the volunteers for their help in finding him.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'He would not have been found so easily if it wasn't for Lowland Search and Rescue. They saved the police a long period of searching and cut short the period of distress for the family.'
- 1 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 2 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 3 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft
- 4 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 5 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 6 Burglar attempts to rob store with metal bar as weapon
- 7 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 8 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 9 New book shines 'the spotlight' on coastal town's past and present
- 10 Two men bailed in connection with firearm offences