Inquest into Lowestoft man's death
A LOWESTOFT man hanged himself in Gunton Woods, an inquest has heard.Stephen Edwards, 60, was found by volunteers with dogs from Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue on September 9 after a long search.
A LOWESTOFT man hanged himself in Gunton Woods, an inquest has heard.
Stephen Edwards, 60, was found by volunteers with dogs from Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue on September 9 after a long search.
Mr Edwards, of Stubbs Wood, Lowestoft, suffered from depression and had struggled during treatment.
Greater Suffolk deputy coroner Yvonne Blake recorded a verdict of suicide during last Friday's (December 11) hearing and praised the volunteers for their help in finding him.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'He would not have been found so easily if it wasn't for Lowland Search and Rescue. They saved the police a long period of searching and cut short the period of distress for the family.'
- 1 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 2 Fire damages children's play area in Lowestoft
- 3 Man dies following collision on A12
- 4 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 5 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 6 Tools stolen from work van during night time break-in
- 7 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 8 Fishing business will stay in the family as Alex, 16, set to join
- 9 Schoolgirl, 13, makes step up racing ladder ahead of championship
- 10 Work to resume on £15m project to give thousands ultrafast broadband