Inquest into Lowestoft woman's death
A LOWESTOFT woman died following an accident in which her car ended up in a ditch, an inquest heard this week.Ruth Hirst, 73, of Gunton Church Lane, died at the James Paget University Hospital, on May 22.
A LOWESTOFT woman died following an accident in which her car ended up in a ditch, an inquest heard this week.
Ruth Hirst, 73, of Gunton Church Lane, died at the James Paget University Hospital, on May 22.
The day before she was driving her Suzuki car along Yarmouth Road, at Raveningham, when it left the road, overturned in a ditch, and trapped her inside the vehicle.
Mrs Hirst received serious chest injuries in the accident. At an inquest held at Great Yarmouth Coroners' Court on Tuesday deputy coroner Nick Holroyd recorded a verdict of 'accidental death'.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Holroyd praised four men for their efforts to help Mrs Hirst, who were following in another car.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12
- 2 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 3 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 4 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 5 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 6 Dancing doc, 93, boogies for four hours in town centre for charity
- 7 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 8 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020
- 9 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 10 Lowestoft man denies breaching restraining order moments after it was made