Inquest into Lowestoft woman's death
A LOWESTOFT woman died following an accident in which her car ended up in a ditch, an inquest heard this week.Ruth Hirst, 73, of Gunton Church Lane, died at the James Paget University Hospital, on May 22.
A LOWESTOFT woman died following an accident in which her car ended up in a ditch, an inquest heard this week.
Ruth Hirst, 73, of Gunton Church Lane, died at the James Paget University Hospital, on May 22.
The day before she was driving her Suzuki car along Yarmouth Road, at Raveningham, when it left the road, overturned in a ditch, and trapped her inside the vehicle.
Mrs Hirst received serious chest injuries in the accident. At an inquest held at Great Yarmouth Coroners' Court on Tuesday deputy coroner Nick Holroyd recorded a verdict of 'accidental death'.
Mr Holroyd praised four men for their efforts to help Mrs Hirst, who were following in another car.
- 1 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 2 Victorian theme attracts hundreds for town's festivities
- 3 Roadworks to know about in Lowestoft this week
- 4 Man charged and two arrested after victim hit with knife in assault
- 5 Amelia Reynolds: 'I've learned to live a bit more in the present - enjoy the right now'
- 6 Families flock to coastal town centre ahead of switch-on event
- 7 Man 'remains under investigation' after car crashed into home
- 8 Man arrested in connection with Lowestoft assault
- 9 New homes earmarked for former offices near town centre
- 10 Investigation closed after man chased victim at knifepoint in Lowestoft