International Aikido seminar to return to Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
An international martial arts event will make a welcome return to Lowestoft next weekend.
Broadland Aikido Club will be hosting the eighth international friendship seminar at the Ormiston Denes Academy sports centre in Lowestoft over the weekend of July 15-16.
This year's event will be taught by senseis Osamu Obata from Canada, Philip Lee from Singapore, Aziz Belhassane 6th Dan from Belgium and local instructor Frank Burlingham 6th Dan.
This event is open to the public to view free of charge.
A spokesman for Broadland Aikido Club said: 'In 2010 Broadland Aikido Club hosted the first International Friendship Seminar in Lowestoft. The 2010 event proved to be very popular and was attended by more than 100 students from around the world.'
You may also want to watch:
Broadland Aikido club trains Tuesday and Thursday evenings and on Sunday mornings at Nirvana Fitness Centre in Pinbush Road, and welcomes new members. Contact Frank Burlingham on 01502 515062 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Free parking for 30 minutes at 48 car parks
- 2 Town's Post Office boost ahead of Christmas rush
- 3 Family 'truly moved' as crowds remember building company founder
- 4 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 5 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 6 Plea for answers after blacksmith's 'devastating' death
- 7 Will Suffolk see snow as wintry showers hit before the weekend?
- 8 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 9 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 10 Lack of information sharing 'could lead to more deaths' after 95-year-old attacked