International Aikido seminar to return to Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
An international martial arts event will make a welcome return to Lowestoft next weekend.
Broadland Aikido Club will be hosting the eighth international friendship seminar at the Ormiston Denes Academy sports centre in Lowestoft over the weekend of July 15-16.
This year's event will be taught by senseis Osamu Obata from Canada, Philip Lee from Singapore, Aziz Belhassane 6th Dan from Belgium and local instructor Frank Burlingham 6th Dan.
This event is open to the public to view free of charge.
A spokesman for Broadland Aikido Club said: 'In 2010 Broadland Aikido Club hosted the first International Friendship Seminar in Lowestoft. The 2010 event proved to be very popular and was attended by more than 100 students from around the world.'
You may also want to watch:
Broadland Aikido club trains Tuesday and Thursday evenings and on Sunday mornings at Nirvana Fitness Centre in Pinbush Road, and welcomes new members. Contact Frank Burlingham on 01502 515062 or email email@example.com
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced