International Aikido seminar to return to Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
An international martial arts event will make a welcome return to Lowestoft next weekend.
Broadland Aikido Club will be hosting the eighth international friendship seminar at the Ormiston Denes Academy sports centre in Lowestoft over the weekend of July 15-16.
This year's event will be taught by senseis Osamu Obata from Canada, Philip Lee from Singapore, Aziz Belhassane 6th Dan from Belgium and local instructor Frank Burlingham 6th Dan.
This event is open to the public to view free of charge.
A spokesman for Broadland Aikido Club said: 'In 2010 Broadland Aikido Club hosted the first International Friendship Seminar in Lowestoft. The 2010 event proved to be very popular and was attended by more than 100 students from around the world.'
You may also want to watch:
Broadland Aikido club trains Tuesday and Thursday evenings and on Sunday mornings at Nirvana Fitness Centre in Pinbush Road, and welcomes new members. Contact Frank Burlingham on 01502 515062 or email email@example.com
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 5 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 6 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 7 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 8 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 9 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 10 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park