Irish folk favourites set for town theatre performance
- Credit: Mick Howes
Irish folk music at its very best will be performed at the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft next month.
The Dublin Legends – formerly The Dubliners – will hit the stage at the Marina on March 19.
Their performance in Lowestoft is part of The Dublin Sessions – a 16-date tour of the UK in March.
In 2012 The Dubliners celebrated 50 years on the road but after the sudden death of founding member Barney McKenna and John Sheehan's decision to retire it was agreed that The Dubliners, as a touring band, would come to an end – and so The Dublin Legends was born.
The Dublin Legends – consisting of Sean Cannon, Eamonn Campbell, Paul Watchorn and Gerry O'Connor – will play all the classic songs and ballads known the world over, such as Whiskey in The Jar, The Wild Rover, Molly Malone, The Irish Rover and many more.
You may also want to watch:
? Tickets are on sale from 01502 533200.
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 2 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Boat trip firm hopes to move launches to Heritage Quay
- 5 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 6 Locked mountain bikes stolen from cycle rack outside supermarket
- 7 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 8 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 9 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 10 Appeal to find missing woman last seen near Suffolk coast