Irish folk favourites set for town theatre performance
- Credit: Mick Howes
Irish folk music at its very best will be performed at the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft next month.
The Dublin Legends – formerly The Dubliners – will hit the stage at the Marina on March 19.
Their performance in Lowestoft is part of The Dublin Sessions – a 16-date tour of the UK in March.
In 2012 The Dubliners celebrated 50 years on the road but after the sudden death of founding member Barney McKenna and John Sheehan's decision to retire it was agreed that The Dubliners, as a touring band, would come to an end – and so The Dublin Legends was born.
The Dublin Legends – consisting of Sean Cannon, Eamonn Campbell, Paul Watchorn and Gerry O'Connor – will play all the classic songs and ballads known the world over, such as Whiskey in The Jar, The Wild Rover, Molly Malone, The Irish Rover and many more.
You may also want to watch:
? Tickets are on sale from 01502 533200.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary