Irish folk favourites set for town theatre performance
- Credit: Mick Howes
Irish folk music at its very best will be performed at the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft next month.
The Dublin Legends – formerly The Dubliners – will hit the stage at the Marina on March 19.
Their performance in Lowestoft is part of The Dublin Sessions – a 16-date tour of the UK in March.
In 2012 The Dubliners celebrated 50 years on the road but after the sudden death of founding member Barney McKenna and John Sheehan's decision to retire it was agreed that The Dubliners, as a touring band, would come to an end – and so The Dublin Legends was born.
The Dublin Legends – consisting of Sean Cannon, Eamonn Campbell, Paul Watchorn and Gerry O'Connor – will play all the classic songs and ballads known the world over, such as Whiskey in The Jar, The Wild Rover, Molly Malone, The Irish Rover and many more.
You may also want to watch:
? Tickets are on sale from 01502 533200.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced