Is Lowestoft rising?
- Credit: Nick Butcher
It is a town that has faced huge challenges in recent years.
But as a conference held this week looked at the future of the Lowestoft, today we ask: is the UK's most easterly point now on the rise?
Many community leaders, including Phil Aves - change manager for Lowestoft Rising, an organisation set up to improve quality of life in the area - believe the town is 'turning the corner' because public and voluntary sector organisations are collaborating in a way they were not before.
But visitors to the event still expressed concerns over a lack of infrastructure and opportunities for young people.
Lowestoft Rising is urging people to share their opinions of the town, good or bad - and today The Journal is encouraging you to write in with your views.
You may also want to watch:
See today's Journal for a special report - and a chance to have your say.
- 1 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 2 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 3 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 4 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 5 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 6 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 7 Fire crew called after child gets stuck in room with faulty latch
- 8 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 9 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 10 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk