Is Lowestoft rising?
- Credit: Nick Butcher
It is a town that has faced huge challenges in recent years.
But as a conference held this week looked at the future of the Lowestoft, today we ask: is the UK's most easterly point now on the rise?
Many community leaders, including Phil Aves - change manager for Lowestoft Rising, an organisation set up to improve quality of life in the area - believe the town is 'turning the corner' because public and voluntary sector organisations are collaborating in a way they were not before.
But visitors to the event still expressed concerns over a lack of infrastructure and opportunities for young people.
Lowestoft Rising is urging people to share their opinions of the town, good or bad - and today The Journal is encouraging you to write in with your views.
You may also want to watch:
See today's Journal for a special report - and a chance to have your say.
- 1 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
- 2 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
- 3 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 4 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 7 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 8 Police arrest wanted 55-year-old man who was missing for 5 months
- 9 Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- 10 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff