Isolated villages hit by gate thefts
POLICE are warning land owners to security mark metal gates where possible following thefts in Burgh St Peter and Haddiscoe.In the past week, galvanised steel gates have been stolen from fields and premises in isolated areas of the villages.
POLICE are warning land owners to security mark metal gates where possible following thefts in Burgh St Peter and Haddiscoe.
In the past week, galvanised steel gates have been stolen from fields and premises in isolated areas of the villages.
It is sometimes difficult to effectively secure gates and they are often in the most rural of locations. However, we would advise owners to do as much as they can to make their gates less attractive to thieves, by painting a business name or post code on the property and using additional chains and locks to keep them secure.
If you have any information about the gate thefts or the sale of such gates for scrap metal contact PC Grant Buchanan at Loddon SNT on 0845 456 4567.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Lowestoft house fire starts in tumble dryer and rips through conservatory
- 2 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Acid attack victim opens heart to TV star on true crime show
- 5 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 6 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 7 Adapted trike helping to fulfil dreams and bring back 'happy memories'
- 8 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 9 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 10 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase