It’s Chico Time as fitness star hails Lowestoft as his ‘spiritual home’
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The reaction to his high intensity Block Fit workout led him to describe the town as his 'spiritual home'.
And as over 60 people enjoyed a session run by former X-Factor contestant Chico, his class formed part of a wider day of activities – thought to be the first ever all day fitness boot camp to be held in Lowestoft.
The event ran from 10am until 4pm at Red Oak Primary School last Saturday, and allowed participants to join in with instructors Helen Pybus and George Clark during a number of classes including combat, pilates, and body blitz.
People of all ages took part in six one hour sessions, with a fifteen minute break in between each.
But it was the return of Chico that was the star attraction for many, as he was visiting the town for second time in under a year.
You may also want to watch:
Best known for his catchy tune 'It's Chico time', he is now dedicating his time to the Block Fit workout – an all in one fitness brand that fuses dance, combat, hi and low and yoga inspired moves.
'It was one of the most incredible classes and the people and energy here is just wonderful,' Chico said.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
'I ran my first solo masterclass here with Helen Pybus and it has just snowballed from there.
'The vibe, energy and love has been incredible – this town is my spiritual home now.'
Fitness instructor Helen Pybus first came up with the idea in November, and described how people told her 'it was the best day ever'.
'Chico has been a friend of mine for about a year now and the day has just been wonderful – it has made my hair stand on end,' she said.
'About 55 of the 60 people have stayed all day and the looks on their faces of joy and happiness is priceless.
'People have been coming up to me and saying it has been one of the best days ever.'
George Clark, freelance instructor of five years, added: 'There is an amazing air of positivity around and it has been really good for the body and mind.'
There are also plans to run a similar event over the eater period and for more information, visit: www.georgeclarkfitness.com or www.helenpybus.com.
For more information about Chico's Block Fit sessions, visit: www.blockfit.co.uk